Powdercaoting wheels

Digsy

Do I powdercoat the wheels anthracite?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do I powdercoat the wheels anthracite?

• Yes
    • No
    • Nice idea but wrong colour!

:thumbs: Not sure of someone near you but I know alot of garages who send them to Spit and Polish and they are quite good, pm me if you are thinking of going down that route as my mate gets trade there so might be able to save you some dough and get you same discount ;)

:thumbs: Not sure of someone near you but I know alot of garages who send them to Spit and Polish and they are quite good, pm me if you are thinking of going down that route as my mate gets trade there so might be able to save you some dough and get you same discount ;)

Good man. :thumbs:

:dry: i'm not sure I have though about it before, but i think you need to contrast it more... anthracite I assume is a dark grey...which blends it closely to the body metal colour and therefore you loose the visibility and it all blends into one colour...maybe if you give it a polished lip

If you contrast it more, you get more visual value out of your pride and joys...

Black and GM ok, but not great, gives it a mean look...

Silver and GM ok,

Gold and other colours OK depending also on wheels design...

BLUE and GM :thumbdown:

why, you thinking about it digsy?

They look a good colour match at the moment? Do you want more contrast??

If so, then needs to be a really dark grey I think, guess thats what you mean by Anthracite etc.....

Doesn't powdercoating make a really tough coating anyway...... thought the way that it electrostatically bonds to the underlying metal means that it would be tough! :thumbs:

(although not tough enough to stand up to a good kerbing! :blush: )

If so, then needs to be a really dark grey I think, guess thats what you mean by Anthracite etc.....

Doesn't powdercoating make a really tough coating anyway...... thought the way that it electrostatically bonds to the underlying metal means that it would be tough! :thumbs:

Yep, I'm thinking the colour that Renaultsport seem to be using at the moment. Kat's bro has a Clio Trophy in silver with the anthracite wheels and it looks good.

Powdercoating's more likely to avoid chipping from stones etc but you're right it won't help if I drive into any more kerbs. Why is it harder to repair Mike? Surely it would still be a sand down and paint touch up?

Yep, I'm thinking the colour that Renaultsport seem to be using at the moment. Kat's bro has a Clio Trophy in silver with the anthracite wheels and it looks good.

Powdercoating's more likely to avoid chipping from stones etc but you're right it won't help if I drive into any more kerbs. Why is it harder to repair Mike? Surely it would still be a sand down and paint touch up?

That colour would be awesome mate, go for it :thumbs:

Yeah they probably are too dark, my computer at work has a very strange contrast and brightness so they seemed a lot lighter there.

However that colour on my computer at home looks cool B)

looking at your picture Louis, I think I may give my wheels a coat of Satin / Matt black.. look nicer than gloss :thumbs:

Yeah they probably are too dark, my computer at work has a very strange contrast and brightness so they seemed a lot lighter there.

However that colour on my computer at home looks cool B)

looking at your picture Louis, I think I may give my wheels a coat of Satin / Matt black.. look nicer than gloss :thumbs:

Do it Tim!!

I love Satin wheels, for some reason they look less ASBO :teeth: