Best fuel for my 54 plate 350z?

AaronHart99

I tend to tart around between a Shell and Tesco, can't say I've noticed any difference at all, except at the Shell garage the guy asks me if I have had it remapped EVERY SINGLE TIME I go :bang:

Have you had it remapped then? :teeth:

Edited by ZEUS
  • Like 1

I tend to tart around between a Shell and Tesco, can't say I've noticed any difference at all, except at the Shell garage the guy asks me if I have had it remapped EVERY SINGLE TIME I go :bang:

Have you had it remapped then? :teeth:

Apparently according to a recent eBay for sale advert if you get a remap & K&N air induction kit the Zed is good for an extra 50bhp. :dry::lol:

I do however, think it is important to run a non supermarket super now and again as that has extra chemicals on to clean fuel system.

Do you also run a bottle of injector cleaner, or 10K Boost, or EGR cleaner, or any one of other much more potent cleaners through the car system as well? They will make a billion times more difference than switching from supermarket to premium fuel will.

Not saying I completely disagree with your logic: Indeed, I sometimes run a tank of 97 in the MR2 instead of the usual supermarket 95 for a similar reason, but then I also back that up with a good dose of the hard stuff once in a while.

I do however, think it is important to run a non supermarket super now and again as that has extra chemicals on to clean fuel system.

Do you also run a bottle of injector cleaner, or 10K Boost, or EGR cleaner, or any one of other much more potent cleaners through the car system as well? They will make a billion times more difference than switching from supermarket to premium fuel will.

Not saying I completely disagree with your logic: Indeed, I sometimes run a tank of 97 in the MR2 instead of the usual supermarket 95 for a similar reason, but then I also back that up with a good dose of the hard stuff once in a while.

In my daily I do as that's mainly run off supermarket fuel so now and again I add injector cleaner and a tank of premium fuel.

However as I use vpower all the time in the zed and I am confident on the quality and cleanliness of the fuel I do not feel a need to supplement that.

I am assuming from your comment you've done some sort of experiment to prove this? Or at very least run your zed (when you had one) on vpower for a prolonged period of time and then put your additives in and immediately noticed a difference?

The reason I use vpower is I believe through my own research that it is the most pure fuel you can buy from the pumps. And because of this reason, I feel there is no need to put additives in to the fuel tank of my zed.

As long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

My point wasn't research based (be good to see yours though, if you have it to hand), it was more theory-based. You say it's important to run a tankful of premium super through now and again due to the extra cleaning chemicals, correct? If that's the case, I'm assuming then that you're aware that the various products I mentioned will do much more short-term help than a single tank of premium super will, as they're much more potent.

I've run numerous cars from MR2s, 350Z, MX5, Impreza, 911 and the Mini both before and after using a can of 10K Boost. It makes so much more of a difference to the engine than any minor change running premium super over non-premium super does, which is why I'd recommend doing that and saving yourself a few quid. :)

Supermarkets don't have there own refineries do they?! So therefore they buy it from an oil company.

They buy it from oil companies, some of it comes from the giant Shell Pernis refinery in Holland and is stored at a terminal in Essex, if I remember correctly there was a major problem with the quality of this a few years ago (contaminated I think) For Supermarkets up North its more likely to come from Stanlow or Grangemouth to keep the transport costs down.

Pete