EU proposal to ban cars capable of greater than 100mph...

Kennydies

mmm but if the ball starts rolling, like 4x4 bashing based on misinformation, people pick up on it.

I know he would say there is no legal reason to drive a car over 100mph. Only reasons I can think of to counter that are track days and the german autoban.

Is it a condition that all MEP's have to undergo a lobotomy once elected to their position?

As correctly pointed out by the Register, the top speed of a vehicle has about three tenths of bugger all to do with its emissions level.

Which has a higher Co2 rating - the 350Z or a Hummer H1? And which is the slower?

Do these people actually spend any time what so ever thinking through their ideas, or are they all complete and utter blithering idiots?

~I agree , i think we should actually stop any development of technology that allows progress of our society... in fact if we ban cars greater than 100mph, then we will reduce the need to develop new technologuies for airbags, crash safety, emissions, passive safety, in fact lets not bother developing new technologies at all... and live like amish people with little carts

AmishScooterLarge.jpg

:p:p:p:p

This bollox on cars producing "all the CO2 is crap" anyway.....

Was watching that Saving planet earth last week, and even "god of all conservation" Mr Attenborough stated "that the burning of the worlds rainforests through clearance at the moment causes a 5th of the worlds CO2!!"

So stop friggin burning rain forests and get off the cars back!

Also, another one..... that big bloody chimney at Drax powerstation over Yorkshire way..... that one chimney alone pollutes the atmosphere with smoke from 30,000 tonnes of coal a day. That equates to as much Carbon Dioxide as more than a quarter of all the cars in Britain (7.5 million vehicles)!!

And another quote, Drax is the single largest industrial source of CO2 in Western Europe!

But its all the cars fault :yawn:

Absolute crap this is. I am actually going to write to him. So what if I want to take my car on the track? The solution is to have another car - trailor it all which means you are adding to the total CO2 costs of building a second car etc.