Squeaky Clutch Pedal

delz0r

My clutch pedal is making a squeaking noise, it only happens when the clutch is just about fully pressed to the floor. I've tried white grease as suggested but it hasn't seemed to help at all. Here's a video:

As you can see the squeak begins when the spring is fully extended and a small gap opens above the spring connection.

Anyone have any ideas?

I was just about to post about this exact same thing on my 08 zed! I find mine does it when I first get in it on a cold morning....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah mines an 08 too, it's driving me crazy. Never happened on my 2005. Hopefully someone has a fix.

I was just about to post about this exact same thing on my 08 zed! I find mine does it when I first get in it on a cold morning....

Yeah mines an 08 too, it's driving me crazy. Never happened on my 2005. Hopefully someone has a fix.

Yeah I find it annoying, mines been doing it for a couple of weeks now. Never noticed it before. Hopefully it's an easy fix :)

Have you greased it just the once? Mine took one greasing a week for, I think, three weeks before it stopped completely.

Yeah just once, I was expecting even a slight difference. Where exactly where you concentrating the grease?

Have you greased it just the once? Mine took one greasing a week for, I think, three weeks before it stopped completely.

Yeah just once, I was expecting even a slight difference. Where exactly where you concentrating the grease?

I used the spray white lithium and sprayed everything down there, the spring, the bits at both ends, some of the footwell and god only knows what else. I think it's what they call a 'liberal' application. :lol:

It took a few goes, and I do it every now again still now, whenever I remember.

• Like 1

I used the spray white lithium and sprayed everything down there, the spring, the bits at both ends, some of the footwell and god only knows what else. I think it's what they call a 'liberal' application. :lol:

It took a few goes, and I do it every now again still now, whenever I remember.

White lithium grease is the answer, WD40 will last a couple of days tops

Sent from the golf club...

Ok, may or not be time to panic...

I had the same thing, the pedal was slightly heavier and within a week of the noise appearing the pivot bolt broke... It was the slave cylnder that had gone and I ended up with a broken pivot bolt (its inside the gearbox and if you dont know someone who knows what their doing it can be a big bill). I got a new slave and braided line from Clark Motorsport still to put on as the 2nd hand one I put on 3 years ago has gone, I think theres an issue on my car but thats another thread...

Worth while getting it checked out or at least a more informed second oppinion / apprasal of my advice...

Hope its nothing though...

Cheers...

I had the same thing, the pedal was slightly heavier and within a week of the noise appearing the pivot bolt broke... It was the slave cylnder that had gone and I ended up with a broken pivot bolt (its inside the gearbox and if you dont know someone who knows what their doing it can be a big bill). I got a new slave and braided line from Clark Motorsport still to put on as the 2nd hand one I put on 3 years ago has gone, I think theres an issue on my car but thats another thread...

Worth while getting it checked out or at least a more informed second oppinion / apprasal of my advice...

Cheers...

The pivot balls can be a weak point on a higher mileage car, as Jixa says would be worth having it checked.

For an OEM clutch setup a Nissan replacement is fine but if running an uprated clutch an uprated pivot ball is worth fitting, we stock both.

Cheers...

Interesting! Mine doesn't seem to be any heavier... Some days it does it and some it doesn't. My clutch in general does feel a bit tiered though. On 70k now and no signs of clutch change.

Cheers...

Interesting! Mine doesn't seem to be any heavier... Some days it does it and some it doesn't. My clutch in general does feel a bit tiered though. On 70k now and no signs of clutch change.

My car has 22,000 miles on it. So if you're getting the exact same squeak sound as in my video I'd be surprised if it was anything serious.

Not what I wanted to hear! I have the same problem on my 53 plate with 105k miles. It has only started happening recently and isn't all the time.

How would I go about checking it out?

If it is on it's original clutch then you are overdue a new one, just be thankful you got a decent amount of miles from it

Sent from the golf club...

Hold on, it wasnt the cylnder that caused the problem... Trying to think back, sure it was the bit the pivot arm moves (thrust bearing?) was gunked up, no know how and that was stopping the pedal from moving freely, hence the creaking, cant mind how it ended up bursting the cylnder or maybe it was unrelated and just away at the same time, was a while back....

Point was, it was making a creaking sound like that, seems theres loads of sounds like that without major issues so hope its not but if the pedal does start to give resistance you will need to have it looked at right away, I was lucky, the pivot bolt had sheared flush with the casing which would usualy be major (money wise) and by mirracle the Metaflux worked and it came out, topped of by it was a mate doing the work for the cost of a bottle of vodka...