Bringing back faded paintwork?

nowhereboy

My car is on an 04 plate, it's in good nick, clean bodywork and no dents etc but the paint is starting to look a bit old/faded.

I'm currently using autoglym shampoo and quick detailer followed with Megs polish, I've not used a clay bar in a long time.

It comes out looking nice and clean but I'm really after much deeper wetter looking finish. Is there anything I can do to give my paintwork a bit more life and make it look fresher?

yes to both but i have nattys blue and it's nowhere near as good as supernatural ( so buy the black hole on it's own)

search for a sample pot of supernatural approx £15 and lasts a long time

the thing with good products is you only need to use a small amount - less is more

Edited by GIXXERUK

by hand - Clay bar, prime lime lite, black hole then supernatural would give a good finish on GM/silver

unless you can machine polish

Interesting you say the black hole, I'm using white diamond because I was worried the BH might be a bit too dark. WD gives me a nice look, I'm assuming you're pleased with your BH results? Might give it a try next time.

by hand - Clay bar, prime lime lite, black hole then supernatural would give a good finish on GM/silver

Interesting you say the black hole, I'm using white diamond because I was worried the BH might be a bit too dark. WD gives me a nice look, I'm assuming you're pleased with your BH results? Might give it a try next time.

I've used both whilst very subtle I found that black hole gives better colour depth on Gm

I've used both whilst very subtle I found that black hole gives better colour depth on Gm

Sounds good, thanks!

Cheers man, I'll give em a go :thumbs:

Get the Black Hole from here and the SN from Envy Valeting on here with a members discount (Tim might even sell BH too, but I'm not sure - although I personally think Natty's gives a slightly wetter finish, personally.

Do a full wash, decontamination (fallout, tar remover & clay) and spend some time polishing it - level of correction requires would determine what polish. I'd also suggest using both Black Hole a Lime Prime Lite is unnecessary - one or the other really as neither has any cut and both contain cleaners so the first will just be removed by the second anyway.

Get the Black Hole from here and the SN from Envy Valeting on here with a members discount (Tim might even sell BH too, but I'm not sure - although I personally think Natty's gives a slightly wetter finish, personally.

Do a full wash, decontamination (fallout, tar remover & clay) and spend some time polishing it - level of correction requires would determine what polish. I'd also suggest using both Black Hole a Lime Prime Lite is unnecessary - one or the other really as neither has any cut and both contain cleaners so the first will just be removed by the second anyway.

Isn't lime prime lite a cleaner and black hole a glaze? So the black hole goes on after to hide your blemishes?

Not saying I'm right, just asking.

Isn't lime prime lite a cleaner and black hole a glaze? So the black hole goes on after to hide your blemishes?

They do not do the same, lime prime is a cleaner/ cleanser, with the op saying his paint is looking tired I thought it worthwhile to revitalise before the polish/glaze of black hole

Yes and no.

LPL is primarily a pre-wax cleanser - it's actually the better cleanser of the two, but also leaves oils behind for the wax to bond to along with some fillers (like a glaze).

BH is primarily a glaze - it contains more fillers than LPL (so will mask more swirls than LPL), it won't cleanse as well as LPL but does contain mild cleansers too and leaves the same oils for wax bonding.

They do not do the same, lime prime is a cleaner/ cleanser, with the op saying his paint is looking tired I thought it worthwhile to revitalise before the polish/glaze of black hole

I didn't say the do the same, but actually... they really do, as it happens (see above). They just do each thing to different degrees and will achieve difference results with each hence my opinion would be that both is unnecessary and a preference for a proper (perhaps corrective) polish instead (although maybe I didn't make that bit clear). Now if you'd suggested using Lime Prime (rather than Lite), I might see the point of using both due to the abrasives in LP. However, this is just my opinion.

My car is on an 04 plate, it's in good nick, clean bodywork and no dents etc but the paint is starting to look a bit old/faded.

I'm currently using autoglym shampoo and quick detailer followed with Megs polish, I've not used a clay bar in a long time.

It comes out looking nice and clean but I'm really after much deeper wetter looking finish. Is there anything I can do to give my paintwork a bit more life and make it look fresher?

Full respray ?!? :shrug:

Yes and no.

LPL is primarily a pre-wax cleanser - it's actually the better cleanser of the two, but also leaves oils behind for the wax to bond to along with some fillers (like a glaze).

BH is primarily a glaze - it contains more fillers than LPL (so will mask more swirls than LPL), it won't cleanse as well as LPL but does contain mild cleansers too and leaves the same oils for wax bonding.

I didn't say the do the same, but actually... they really do, as it happens (see above). They just do each thing to different degrees and will achieve difference results with each hence my opinion would be that both is unnecessary and a preference for a proper (perhaps corrective) polish instead (although maybe I didn't make that bit clear). Now if you'd suggested using Lime Prime (rather than Lite), I might see the point of using both due to the abrasives in LP. However, this is just my opinion.

Just speaking from personal experience as I will only recommend what I've used and not what I have read about, Lpl can be just waxed over but I find it too oily , it is however a good way to cleanse and bring life back to the paint. I would not advise using Lp on a Nissan or without seeing the paint or what someone uses to polish with including their method, I couldn't recommend anything abrasive incase of damage

It was overkill and I'm sure as the op has opted for - clay, black hole, supernatural. They will give impressive results

Ps. I have tried nattys but I just can't get the reflections I get with supernatural

Other favs inc blacklight and hybrid v7

Full respray ?!? :shrug:

:lol:

Just speaking from personal experience as I will only recommend what I've used and not what I have read about, Lpl can be just waxed over but I find it too oily , it is however a good way to cleanse and bring life back to the paint. I would not advise using Lp on a Nissan or without seeing the paint or what someone uses to polish with including their method, I couldn't recommend anything abrasive incase of damage

It was overkill and I'm sure as the op has opted for - clay, black hole, supernatural. They will give impressive results

Ps. I have tried nattys but I just can't get the reflections I get with supernatural

Other favs inc blacklight and hybrid v7

No worries, I didn't mean to imply that you were wrong, just that I disagreed and offered another opinion to the OP.

With regards to abrasive polishes, I did specify in my original post that choice would be determined by the level of correction required. ;)

I agree with your point about SN over Natty's though; SN gives much better, sharper reflections (SN Hybrid especially) but I find SN gives a more of a clinical finish as a result so for wet look and depth I prefer Natty's. All in my personal opinion, of course.

• Like 1