Photo of the month- Calendar entries

Neilp

All,

I was recently browsing another forum that my friend is a member of and what they have running is a photo of the month- where members enter the photos during the month and they are voted on the following month. From this they pic the best 3 from each month and collaborate them for the voting for the annual club calendar.

There is a thread a month for the photos to be uploaded onto and then the vote thread is the following month. No comments on the monthly submissions though(purely just for upload links).

Just thought i'd share this as it seems like a great idea to prevent all hassle at the end of the year with loads of sh!t photos getting submitted and winning through various reasons(loyalty votes because you're friends with them etc)

In turn I think this is a brilliant idea to go on.

Neil

• Like 5

300zx.co.uk run a similar scheme.

It works in principle.

Buuuuuuuut.........if you get a month where it is quiet on entries, or the photies are generally naff or (god forbid I should say this) boring then it can make the calender less appealing at the start of the year when it's time to flog them.

I think a little opposite. Around christmas time is where most people are busy and have limited spare time to browse the forum. Theres also the fact that people leave photos and forget about them. Theres loads of photos submitted onto threads that people haven't submitted for the calendar.

If theres months where its really quiet or where photos are really really poor(which i really doubt it considering the standard of photographers we have on here). Then we can poll the photos that don't make the top 3, of the month they were submitted, at the end of the year to fill the gaps. As we have to expect there will be months where there may be 5 or 6 awesome photos so there will be spares.

It just simplifies the processes and saves all the looking through threads at the end of the year.

I think that's a great idea. Iv seen so many ways of compiling a calendar and they all have their flaws but this seems a great way of doing it

I know what you mean doogy about the excitement of voting but there will still be a vote of the top 3

I don't think bad photos are a problem cos that's always an issue :lol: and as Neil says there's some good snappers on here

• Like 1

Plus I think photo of the month is a good feature even without forwarding them for a calendar vote

That would turn even more of us into budding photographers. I only took an interest in photography (albeit on my phone mainly) since joining here and I'm sure I'm not alone. Regular competitions would help raise the bar for the calendar

• Like 1

I like it, and as LRF4N said, even if its not for the calendar. No matter what is done, there will always be the wrong (IMO) photo winning anyway, but people will still buy it because it supports the forum and it's nicer to look at than generic kitten photos :lol:

Patience lexx patience :lol:

Members need time to get their cars cleaned and find locations

I'm interested to why the entries are limited to 6 each month? It won't affect me I'm zed less lol just curious