is £570 reasonable to have a touch screen head unit fitted all inclusive?

ostego

I got a full install done for £400 and that was including a headunit fitting and custom fabrication of wood etc. That was cheap but if you got the cash and £150 isn't alot go for it. But for me its silly expensive.

Was that one of the mods you did out of your Benefits...??? .. :angry:

I got a full install done for £400 and that was including a headunit fitting and custom fabrication of wood etc. That was cheap but if you got the cash and £150 isn't alot go for it. But for me its silly expensive.

Actually 2 weeks of saving I got it done. Surprising how much good a doctors note can do you B)

I got it done from a member on Talkaudio. Very nice guy. Not a shop or anything though. I would say double that and your doing good for a full upgrade, speakers, sub, amped, active crossover etc etc.

• Like 1

Actually 2 weeks of saving I got it done. Surprising how much good a doctors note can do you B)

I got it done from a member on Talkaudio. Very nice guy. Not a shop or anything though. I would say double that and your doing good for a full upgrade, speakers, sub, amped, active crossover etc etc.

Must be on good benefits then..or have a good doctor..!! :lol: :lol:

Ostego, I got mine from Car audio security, give the guys a ring they were really helpful, got me all the bits i needed and I took it to a place in Northern Ireland (Audio Advice I know, no good to you) but they had it fitted in just over an hour and half (£70) and said the surround that came with it was the best they had ever seen as usually aftermarket head units in the 350 don't fit flush with the dash.

Those guys are f*cking legendary with ICE and luckily only around the corner from me. I never realized there rates were so cheap, so I may have to pay them a visit when the time comes :D

They also do flocking and retiming now of dashes and door cards, so it could get quite expensive if I do call over :lol:

• Like 1

Have found a company that do basically the same head uni for £250... all parts for £60, and fitting for £70, PLUS the guy drives to you to do it! So that is quite handy! Am glad i posted this on here, saved myself the best part of £200

If it weren't for the fact H-dev quoted me £950 to carry out drop links, compression arm bushings and brake repairs.... I'd be over the moon right now!

May have to put this new head unit on hold for a month or 2 as this repair quote is an unexpectedly big hit in my already stretched 350z expenditure!

I SHALL GET RID OF THIS DAMN CASSETTE ADAPTOR SOON THOUGH! One way or another I will find the money to get this old fashioned head unit replaced!

Anyone know if there is any demand/value in 2nd hand original 350z bose head units?

^^ Someone who's selling their Zed may want your old Bose head unit so that they can take out their upgraded head unit & go back to standard.

I believe there's something about the Bose unit being paired to the Zed they come from though.

Think you have to get them divorced so that it can work in another Zed from what I've read/heard. ;)

• 1 month later...

Have found a company that do basically the same head uni for £250... all parts for £60, and fitting for £70, PLUS the guy drives to you to do it! So that is quite handy! Am glad i posted this on here, saved myself the best part of £200

Sorry to hear about the other bits and bobs but which company was this, I'm not a million miles from you and after the same work

Sorry to hear about the other bits and bobs but which company was this, I'm not a million miles from you and after the same work

Shocks Away, his name is Toby, would highly recommend him

http://www.shocksaway.com/

Here is a thread with pictures showing the work he did, i ended up opting for the £300 H.U. So cost me £300 + £58 for parts + £72 labour inc VAT

http://www.350z-uk.c...-zed-pampering/

Fantastic work and really pleased with the upgrade!!! Think he stocks 6" touch screen head units ranging from as little as £230!

Edited by ostego

• 2 weeks later...

It does really depend how you want the HU fitted and what features it has.

If it has a mic,GPS aerial and DAB aerial its going to take a lot longer than a normal double din.

If you go to a decent audio shop they are going to be fully insured and if any bits of trim get broken/scratched then it will be sorted out.

You can't really compare a random bloke to a fully fledged ICE outlet!