Work in UK

Aglii

What is the minium/normal pay for work in hotel/resturant jobs, and can someone link me to a site with information about paid holidays and basic information about work benifits and other job releated things.

Got offered a job there in UK today, for 12 months and thinking about going to try something new.

Edited by Aglii
  • Like 1

It's 6.31 I believe if your over 21 years of age. As for what you would earn all depends on the contract especially with some places doing zero hour contracts now which means your guaranteed nothing.

Edited by wizurd

Yes know that, but what is the minium pay, i am looking for it at the site he gave me

Your Google not working then? Or your eyes, check the link above and it tells you ............ :yawn:

Was searching for it on the site mate, but got answer quicker here, many information on this site, relax bro

Edited by Aglii

Its trough a Icelandic company who have work and travel programs, very neet, they do everything for you for not much money, job, housing which is 40 pounds a week, contacts 24/7, all contracts, and health insurence, just everything they do it for you, they have a few jobs lined up, in scotland and britain, in small towns, will get better info where when it will be closer to my departure in July, but i have a secure job will get information about all the jobs so i can choose to my liking in either hotel or resturant, have some expirence in that also.

its not that i need a job, have a good payed job here, but want to try something new in a new place, and that job will always be open for me when i get back.

Edited by Aglii

Its not on the minium wage, its above that becouse i have experience not much though, and pounds are REALLY REALLY good when changed in to Icelandic króna, becouse of high exchange rate, ALSO when i leave all taxes are payed back to me, and only have to pay 40p a week for housing, and free food while work

Also, try something new in a new country, and the experience the follows that, it gets old being stuck in Iceland

Edited by Aglii

This is not some bull, this is trough a work and travel company here in Iceland, you can go to every country in europe almost, USA, and australia, has been in buiesness many many years, and know lot of ppl that have been in this.

Edited by Aglii

Sounds good and I can see the positive of doing something different in a different country for a while if you've not got any ties to keep you at home. Does sound almost too good to be true though. Hopefully not

Edited by wizurd

Got no ties, Just a 350z and 300zx TT that will be missed ;):blush: , got the same job waiting for me when i get back, and this is like i am saying, know alot of ppl that have been in this program, they have a few companys that they work with, thats why its easy for them to find the jobs/housing

Edited by Aglii

Sounds really good. If your happy it's all about board then go for it and have fun. Wouldn't mind doing this but obviously the other way around. Only thing is my company wouldn't keep my job for me. Don't know many that would.

• Like 1

Hehe I dont know, could be somehow connected to that my mom is the main boss of the company, who knows ;):lol:

Good to live in a small town in Iceland, but gets old

But yes i already accepted to go, just have to choose place in the next month, wont go until july though

Edited by Aglii

This is not some bull, this is trough a work and travel company here in Iceland, you can go to every country in europe almost, USA, and australia, has been in buiesness many many years, and know lot of ppl that have been in this.

This is not criticism, and I know your English is infinitely better than my Icelandic :surrender: but what is is it you mean by trough? Thanks :)