Hot Peas and Scotch Pies, yummm

The G Man

Firstly, happy impending Ne'rday to one and all :yahoo:

Secondly, it's always been a tradition for most Scottish households to have "Hot Peas" with some other food on Hogmany, my personal favourite is Scotch pies B)

So, steep dried peas overnight, don't forget to pop one of them giant Bicarb pills in that come with the packet of peas, boil up a ham hough (bit of a pigs leg), add reconstituted peas and slowly simmer for an hour, season to taste, hmmmmm, Serve, either on their own with pepper and vinegar or with said pies, fart-tastic.

So just about to sit down with Mrs G and serve her up one of life's gourmet delicacies from HoopHoo Land :clap:

Tomorrow, traditional steakpie with the family for dinner, doesn't have to be a fancy one, everyone is pished anyway :lol: , get more pished and enjoy the new year.

So, what do YOU do on Hogmany?

• Like 3

Firstly, happy impending Ne'rday to one and all :yahoo:

Secondly, it's always been a tradition for most Scottish households to have "Hot Peas" with some other food on Hogmany, my personal favourite is Scotch pies B)

So, steep dried peas overnight, don't forget to pop one of them giant Bicarb pills in that come with the packet of peas, boil up a ham hough (bit of a pigs leg), add reconstituted peas and slowly simmer for an hour, season to taste, hmmmmm, Serve, either on their own with pepper and vinegar or with said pies, fart-tastic.

So just about to sit down with Mrs G and serve her up one of life's gourmet delicacies from HoopHoo Land :clap:

Tomorrow, traditional steakpie with the family for dinner, doesn't have to be a fancy one, everyone is pished anyway :lol: , get more pished and enjoy the new year.

So, what do YOU do on Hogmany?

Same as above ;)

Time for a shower and then head out to get pished :thumbs::drunk:

Happy New Year folks. Must be getting old as much prefer to be at home on NYE these days.

We're in by the fire with some bottles of fizz, watching 'We're the Millers'.

Sad confession: good chance I'll be fast asleep by midnight :)

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 1

just about to head out to friends houses (we do 3 houses over the course of the night) to get pished :thumbs:

Are the friends in or out? Just asking. :)

By the time I initially read that............. I was past caring :lol: