My Windscreen Had A Cracking Christmas.

Suits

So yeah, I had a stone chip filled back in May, the guy that did it said he wasn't sure if it would last and well, it didn't.

Spoke to Autoglass who did the initial repair and once they have established that it was the repaired chip that went (it's pretty obvious) they'll swap the screen out.

Pretty gutted to be honest, as I'm wary that once they take the roof off and do all the necessary work, it will never go back as good and I might be left with a less than perfect screen and surroundings but hey ho, no real choice in the matter I suppose.

Cracking.

B4629A70-E481-48B8-B48F-04FA93B104F0.jpg

At least the screen is sorted mate, especially with the weather getting worse now

Well yeah, it's not sorted yet but like you say, at least it will be.

If it hadn't have gone this winter I was kind of expecting it to next yeah after a few track days.

The bloke that filled it said he was unsure when he was working on it so it was always in the back of my mind.

I'm going to take the car into one of their branches and let them work on it there, don't really want them doing it on my drive in the wind and rain.

At least the screen is sorted mate, especially with the weather getting worse now

Well yeah, it's not sorted yet but like you say, at least it will be.

If it hadn't have gone this winter I was kind of expecting it to next yeah after a few track days.

The bloke that filled it said he was unsure when he was working on it so it was always in the back of my mind.

I'm going to take the car into one of their branches and let them work on it there, don't really want them doing it on my drive in the wind and rain.

That's prob best. I took mine into my mates garage just to change my sidelights! Don't wanna take any risks with this weather

So I had this swapped out today by AutoGlass in Chelmsford, very accommodating and the fitment appears to be good.

However, my rain sensors no longer work, I've sat there and tried and tried to get them to move but nothing.

They shift when the stork is adjusted for either the Auto setting or the speed/intensity settings are adjusted but then nothing. Even in the rain we've having today, not a sniff.

I've had the manual out and searched for a system reset switch or something but nothing.

Not really sure what to do now, they appear to have done it wrong, or the rain sensor bit anyway.

It's not the end of the world but now a feature on my car appears to no longer work.

i+aint+even+mad_5ed6dd_3976822.jpg

Take it back to autoglass if it worked before they changed it

Well yeah, thats the obvious thing to do, they've closed now, not sure how much I can be fcudek to bother with it though.

Take it out again, yadda yadda.

Kinda half tempted to leave as is.

Take it back to autoglass if it worked before they changed it

Well yeah, thats the obvious thing to do, they've closed now, not sure how much I can be fcudek to bother with it though.

Take it out again, yadda yadda.

Kinda half tempted to leave as is.

Think it's definitely worth a phone call to Autoglass though once there open again.

Maybe something not plugged in? ...could be an easy fix and if it was working before then they should sort it for you.

I'm pretty sure the rain sensor is accessible through the light cluster in the head lining, may have been knocked. Is the screen correct for the vehicle? early 370's did not support rain sensors

Yeah, I think you're right about the sensor being located in the light cluster.

It is the correct screen for the car, I specifically made them check what they were fixing to the car, to the point that when I dropped the car off they showed me the screen with the sensor area in the top of the screen ready to be fitted.

That said, besides telling me that it's the correct screen and showing it too me, I have to assume it's the correct one.

The sensor is there, I can see it on/under the screen, it's just not working, or so it seems.

Mines a '59 plate GT model, so it's a pretty early model.

• 5 weeks later...