Halfords Oil cheap!!

Floydbax

I didn't read all the Pistonheads thread but there are some pretty knowledgeable people on there who seem to think it is a decent quality product and at that price it's useful for topping up, especially if like mine yours burns a fair bit, I had to put over 2 litres in it yesterday to get it back up to level!!! :wacko:

Errr thanks Arran, sadly I expect it's just use, I didn't check the level since May, the previous owner telling me it didn't use oil between services. Idiot me, then reading the recent engine dying threads here prompted me to check, it was pretty low, a tad under the bottom marker. I wondered why it was tapping a little at the top when idling when hot!! Seems ok now, no unusual noises at all, I WAS worried I might have left it a bit late tho!!

Errr thanks Arran, sadly I expect it's just use, I didn't check the level since May, the previous owner telling me it didn't use oil between services. Idiot me, then reading the recent engine dying threads here prompted me to check, it was pretty low, a tad under the bottom marker. I wondered why it was tapping a little at the top when idling when hot!! Seems ok now, no unusual noises at all, I WAS worried I might have left it a bit late tho!!

Fingers crossed you caught it in time. 2 litres is a lot to top it up though. as above check all the plug tubes as that is a known leak hot spot. mine has a leak there so I've just had to buy a new cam cover. it might not all be down to burning it off

• Like 1

I'd be interested to know who makes the Halfords branded oil. As far as I know, there are only a handful of large oil companies, each producing their own products.

I was not aware that Halfords had their own oil refinery and R&D facility somewhere :shrug:

• Like 1