Help with my purchase :)

leebottrill

I'm not sure, if you look at it compared to others it looks way higher up. Maybe an issue with suspension?? I have no idea to be honest but it doesn't look normal to me.

Edit. Actually looking through autotrader this isn't the only one that looks like its sitting quite high up. Might just be the rays wheels causing it? mine is on the non gt wheels and it seems to sit a bit lower.

Edited by nowhereboy

It does look a bit high. It could just be where it's parked, especially as s/he has turned the car around to take photos of the other side rather than just... you know, walking around it. The car doesn't look particularly level in any of the photos... although that could just as easily be the sellers camera skills though (or maybe even just my eyes!). :lol:

Beware I bought my HR 41k miles and the engine blew within a month. Low miles means nothing if the car has been abused.

Eye ball the guy and if he flinches under questioning walk away and if the car doesn't idle dead steady walk away!

did you do all the usual checks? and did the car have a FSH etc?

Having owned an HR roadster, check that the hood works nice & smoothly when it goes down and doesnt "stick" slightly half way down. Its a common problem. If you also look above your head in the car, the metal roof support which goes from side to side, the metal can "fold" back on that due to the strain of the roof working.

Outside of that, the HR Roadster is a nice car, I really enjoyed mine. On a 57 plate car, the spark plugs will be coming up to being changed - they are outside of "normal" servicing, so check they have been done - they arnt cheap. Also, check the rubber drive belt at the front of the engine - mine used to shred itself every 20k miles. Other than that, just look out for the normal stuff, like tyre tread, brakes etc. Set of tyres will be £650, set of decent ferrodo brake pads will be £250.

Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...