the hobbit the desolation of smaug

Leosille

So tonight me and the gf went and saw the new hobbit film. Me being a big fan of Peter Jacksons really enjoyed the film and unlike the 1st hobbit it's action packed all the way through. I highly recommend it even if you weren't a fan of the 1st, really god fun and even if you just want an action packed movie it's for you!

Hi Ryan, also watched it and enjoyed it as the rest of the saga but it was a bit long winded I thought with some scenes dragging on forever almost as if the were struggling to get it to last over 2.5hrs only for it to end in a blatant anticlimax as if to say you got no choice " wait for the sequel"

I've tried the books and tried the films and just get really bored really quickly..............does that make me a bad person too :shrug:

I read alot, but these have never ticked any of my boxes :wacko:

saw the film on friday, thought it was excellent as was the first, i did however think they could have spent longer on the forest scene and the bit with bjorn and less time with the barrels, i also thought the bit with smaug was unnecessarily different from the book, seemed a bit american action film esque and a little odd for me, still thought it was ace and will be going again tomorrow :)

saw the film on friday, thought it was excellent as was the first, i did however think they could have spent longer on the forest scene and the bit with bjorn and less time with the barrels, i also thought the bit with smaug was unnecessarily different from the book, seemed a bit american action film esque and a little odd for me, still thought it was ace and will be going again tomorrow :)

I was initially of the same opinion, then I looked at the book again and there's no way the section with the dragon could have been very exciting in film, nor padded out without the chase scenes etc. Lets face it, Smaug is the core of the book and has to be a centrepiece of the films, so they had to make the most of it. Even then, I found myself a bit bored by the whole extended dragon chase. I preferred the Dol Guldur sections.

Enjoyed it, but wished they'd only made two films of it. The Battle of the Five armies is going to have to fill a lot of the next one.

I was initially of the same opinion, then I looked at the book again and there's no way the section with the dragon could have been very exciting in film, nor padded out without the chase scenes etc. Lets face it, Smaug is the core of the book and has to be a centrepiece of the films, so they had to make the most of it. Even then, I found myself a bit bored by the whole extended dragon chase. I preferred the Dol Guldur sections.

Enjoyed it, but wished they'd only made two films of it. The Battle of the Five armies is going to have to fill a lot of the next one.

I do agree, i wonder how much of the next one will be of the journey home post 5 army battle.

Lets face it, Smaug is the core of the book and has to be a centrepiece of the films, so they had to make the most of it. Even then, I found myself a bit bored by the whole extended dragon chase.

Have to admit that the Smaug scene went on a bit. Really enjoyed the rest of the movie.