Square Number plate on UK front Bumper?

Grundy

As above, has anyone put a square number plate on the front of there UK Zed?

Courtesy of Buster, I'll be getting a JDM Rear bumper this weekend, and wondering if it will look odd with a Square NP at the rear and a UK one at the Front.

Any thoughts?

The chargespeed rear only incorportates a square/rectangular plate. I have one on my chargespeed as will every other owner of a chargespeed rear. There is nothing illegal about it as far as i am concerned.

Payco

The chargespeed rear only incorportates a square/rectangular plate. I have one on my chargespeed as will every other owner of a chargespeed rear. There is nothing illegal about it as far as i am concerned.

The OP is on about having a square plate on the front. Slimjim had one on his GM and AmyZed has one offset (like an Evo6) on her roadster.

Doesn't look right to me IMO. Not sure of the legal or MOT side

The OP is on about having a square plate on the front. Slimjim had one on his GM and AmyZed has one offset (like an Evo6) on her roadster.

Doesn't look right to me IMO. Not sure of the legal or MOT side

This :)

As I'm getting the JDM rear, just thought might look odd with UK plate on the front. So was going to change to a square, but wondered if the square would cover up the previous holes.

Sorry if my OP wasn't clear.

P1.jpg

Do whatever you feel best Grundy - follow your heart... :)

I think with your new decatted exhaust, a square number plate on the front will be the least of your worries at MOT time! :lol:

Edited by 14N

Found this on a forum after some google searching - I think if you look at Alfas and Scoobys they front bumper as standard does not accomodate a rectangular plate, so you are allowed square ones. It all gets a bit grey if you put one on the front of your imported Zed where it is possible to put a rectangular one.

Special Concession for Owners of Imported Vehicles

A concession which will permit some vehicles to continue to display motorcycle size number plates was announced on July 31st 2001 by Minister for Transport John Spellar.This will apply to certain imported cars, mainly fromAmerica and the Far East. It follows concerns about the cost of modifying vehicles which are designed for foreign markets and unable to display UK size number plates.

It was discussed here -

http://www.350z-uk.c...e-front-plates/

You can have square on the front as long as the numerals are the correct size.

No worried about legality, and size of numerals etc.

Just wanted to see if the square looks odd on the front of a UK bumper, and if it covers the holes from the previous plate.

It was discussed here -

http://www.350z-uk.c...e-front-plates/

You can have square on the front as long as the numerals are the correct size.

No worried about legality, and size of numerals etc.

Just wanted to see if the square looks odd on the front of a UK bumper, and if it covers the holes from the previous plate.

No issue covering the holes, tiny ones cover them :)

Tiny:

abavuva2.jpg

Import:

aga2uhu9.jpg

Normal without holder:

y2u7ysy2.jpg

I had an import size plate when I flew mine through an MOT. Mines a UK not import.

I now have a small 12x3 front plate as you saw at the meet, and had no problems so far!

I don't think either will look odd as you can't see them both at the same time :)