22 years NCD stolen from me by Aviva

ATTAK Z

Last year I was insured by Aviva on a multi car policy (starting with 3 cars and then, after selling the Arosa, only 2 cars) I went into the deal with 27 NCD for both me and my wife. I've just renewed with Privilege (who were £100 cheaper) and Aviva will only confirm I have 6 years NCD

Barstuards

How can they do this ? They've stolen 22 years of careful driving by me and my wife ... there must be a law against it ... How can this be resolved ?

I had something similar once with tesco over a non fault claim I had 9 years ncb and when they sent me my proof of ncb I only had 3 years, got on the phone and was told that while the claim was being processed they had taken 3 years ncb from me and because they class 6 years as maximum it left me with 3!!!

Had to wait for the claim to go through to get my full 9 years back, I'm guessing aviva are trying to use the same bs logic!!

I had something similar once with tesco over a non fault claim I had 9 years ncb and when they sent me my proof of ncb I only had 3 years, got on the phone and was told that while the claim was being processed they had taken 3 years ncb from me and because they class 6 years as maximum it left me with 3!!!

Had to wait for the claim to go through to get my full 9 years back, I'm guessing aviva are trying to use the same bs logic!!

Yep but neither of us have had claims in the last 28 years

I understand that mate but if they see 6 as maximum maybe that is why they have only given you proof of 6, just guessing

You're right but that doesn't make what they've done right ... as I said I went into Aviva with 27 years NCD, had no claims, and came out with only 6 years ...

I have over 30 years NCBs and I only ever get credit for 9 years on any insurance renewal

so what happened to my other 21 years ???

My son's insurance company WONT give him any credit for his

NCBs until he's 25, he started driving at 17 and never had an accident

or claim. ITS JUST INSURANCE COMPANIES DOING WHAT INSURANCE DO... RIP YOU OFF... :rant: :rant:

Edited by WhackyWill
  • Like 1

ITS JUST INSURANCE COMPANIES DOING WHAT INSURANCE DO... RIP YOU OFF... :rant: :rant:

^this^

phone them up and make them have it, it could just be an error on their part, and i agree it does matter that they have taken it from you regardless of what their maximum limit is

Am I the only one who has be given practically free ncd. I have 5 years, yet I've only been driving for 3. Makes entering it into the net difficult. Lol.

Shhhh the old boys are having a rant ;)

I don't know why you oldies bother ranting. My insurance is still four figures. ;)

ITS JUST INSURANCE COMPANIES DOING WHAT INSURANCE DO... RIP YOU OFF... :rant: :rant:

^this^

phone them up and make them have it, it could just be an error on their part, and i agree it does matter that they have taken it from you regardless of what their maximum limit is

tried that to no avail ... just a nellie no brain on the other end of the phone

Am I the only one who has be given practically free ncd. I have 5 years, yet I've only been driving for 3. Makes entering it into the net difficult. Lol.

I don't know why you oldies bother ranting. My insurance is still four figures. ;)

Because im sure if you were in the same situation you would be moaning! :angry:

Unfortunately its us oldies who pay through the nose for the exuberance of youth.. !! :disguise: :disguise:

personally i wouldnt take no for an answer and get back onto them until they give you what you want! do you still have a copy of your proof of 27 years that you used to get your insurance with aviva, if so worst case scenario is to use that as proof for your new insurance company, that way you will have only lost a year

Are you saying that Privilege would give you more of a discount if you could prove that you have more than six years NCD?

Yep ... 5% more ... and I can prove I have 27+1 years, but they say they can only take into account the NCD stated by my previous insurer (Aviva)

Edited by ATTAK Z