Carpro iron x - smells of eggs

wizurd

Hi.

I've never had this stuff before so not sure if this is normal or not. The bottle says cherry smell but when I opened the bottle is hissed like it was under pressure then the smell nearly made me wretch. Stinks of eggs. Certainly not cherry. Can anyone that's used it before let me know if this is normal. Doesn't sound it and I don't want to put it on the car if it's 'off'. Just not sure what's normal.

Cheers

As above, it's normal. Most of the fallout removers smelt similarly awful until fairly recently. There's a few on the market now that don't smell as strong (but still not particularly pleasant if you stick your nose in the bottle and get a good whiff), and Iron-X is also now available with a "lemon scent" which is supposed to be a neutral scent rather than eggy (or lemon!) but with the same performance of the original - I say "supposed to be" because I've not tried it myself yet.

That's good to know. Been looking around and can see some saying as it's changing colour you can use a sponge to move the ironx to places that you've missed. Also it'll be a wheels off job by the looks just to make sure I'm not hurting the calipers although the paint on them shouldn't be a problem.