Is waxing really worth it??

JordanHill

I don't regularly use wax, as like you say you don't really notice, especially on silver cars, I find using a sealant rather than a wax. Or use both. Sealant gives a deep wet look shine.

There are some grate sealants out there such as:

Dodo juice- red mist

Meguires- synthetic polymer

And by far the best I have used: C1 crystal lacquer. Recommend 100%.

If your prep is 100% e.g. Perfectly machined, then a wax adds protection first and look second.

My preference is synthetic, for additional gloss with some of the newer kit is noticeable - on detailing world there are tests with a gloss meter which 'proves' an lsp can add something extra to the look.

I'd recommend supernatural hybrid or fk1000p for their blend of protection and look

If your prep is 100% e.g. Perfectly machined, then a wax adds protection first and look second.

My preference is synthetic, for additional gloss with some of the newer kit is noticeable - on detailing world there are tests with a gloss meter which 'proves' an lsp can add something extra to the look.

I'd recommend supernatural hybrid or fk1000p for their blend of protection and look

Any links to said tests?

Agreed without the prep of a good polish etc waxing won't do a lot but when the prep is right the wax will enhance reflections and shine

Just tried different panels on mine with nattys paste wax, dodo hard candy and supernatural, by far the best results are from supernatural

Somebody on here pointed me in the direction of these "Drive Clean" videos on Youtube before. There are loads of great tips & things to learn imo.

;)

This guy is quality, I could watch the vids all day. He's not totally over the top like most Yankees, he knows his @*!# and just walks you through it. :thumbs: