Any Fisherman here?

Dave-350

I do a bit of Course when I get time, and have been fly fishing a few times.

Never been sea fishing, and something I would like to do at some point.

Problem with Fly fishing down here is that it is so expensive! I do like to Fly fish though when I can :)

Where is down here?

I went fishing once when I was 11 with a mate down the local river. Some thieving sh*t stole my bike though whilst we we're fishing and I had to chase him. Luckily a bloke blocked his escape and I pushed the thief off my bike in to some nettles. Put me off fishing. :lol: True story. :D

Used to do them all, but now only fly for wild brown trout and grayling.

So expensive up here in North Wales, 75 quid a year for our club with 16 miles of the Welsh river Dee. :blush::teeth: (but the joining fee is BIG)

£75 a day to fish a stretch of river in Hampshire!

No free wild spots whatsoever!

I run a coarse match fishery as one of my businesses and match fish weekly at this time of the year. 10 years ago I was a sponsored semi pro traveling the uk. Last 3 matches has seen me put 137lb, 97lb and 65lb on the scales to win around £200.

Check out Headfen lakes in Cambridgeshire on the web.

• Like 1

Carp fished for 30 years, used to be a fully sponsored angler, basically I used to get paid to go fishing :lol: used to write for Total Carp Magazine and Advanced Carp Fishing Magazine, also a few more along the way.I only fish in France these days :lol

I used to do at fair bit of sea and course fishing when I had the time. We also used to fish from the cargo ships when anchored around the world. This was pretty exciting as we never knew what to expect. I have caught tuna, sharks and all sorts of things. The best fishing ever was in the Falklands though. lots of lovely sea trout. We used to have to spin for them though as its generally too windy for flies. The only other fish down there were grey mullet which we also caught on spinners which surprised me. The one big problem with fishing down there is getting through the minefields to get to the rivers. Helicopters and landing craft do come in handy though. ;)