Mothballing my Rosie

richyrich

I'm gonna be mothballing and SORNing my Rosie soon and with an outdoor cover on it during the really bad cold snowy weather in Jan/Feb/Mar.

I will still be starting it, and moving it now and again, and keeping the battery connected to a conditioner.

I had an idea to put some blankets on the bonnet,roof(soft top) and boot before putting the cover on - when I put an outdoor cover on my last car(a Z4) I don't think it did the paintwork any favours - especially with frozen snow and ice on it

Anybody got any thoughts on this - I havn't got the the option to garage it.

Richyrich.

From what I hear carcovers don't do a wordl oof good as they stop a lot of the moisture from escaping

If they act like my Bonnet Bra on the golf did....I'd advise to stay clear!

Second this made the lacquer go cloudy for a while on my a3

If you're gonna leave it for a while you need to get a decent quality cover, multi layered and breathable. I've got a coverzone stormforce car cover for my vx220 and that was pretty good. Just make sure the car is clean and ideally got a coat of wax on it, then it should be fine although if you get prolonged snow coverage I would scrape the snow off every now and again to let it breath.

• Like 1

Oh boy, couldn't agree more with the 'drive it' posts. If you're going overseas for that period then I'd understand, but if I'm at home and I look at the Zed then I've gotta go and drive it..it's why I bought it in the first place.

Sod the weather, the mileage, the dirty roads, I enjoy driving and cleaning it!

• Like 1

My old S2000 in the snow was lethal.

I mean lethal.

I used to pack it away from November to March at my parents house.

3-1.jpg

One year I was due to get my engine mapped by MASE who is an American tuner who comes over to map cars, time is expensive and scarce.

Snow was about but I unpacked the car and made my way down to Surrey Rolling Road.

That drive to Surrey that day was the terrifying thing I've ever done in a car, that includes all the laps at the Ring I've down and being chewed up at Eau Rouge.

I was drifting between lorries on the M25 in the slush and snow - UNINTENTIONALLY :scare: .

The 370Z will stay alive in the winter months but snow can FOAD.

Drive the blummin thing ;)

I must admit - thats the sort of comment I expected from you Will - nice one ;-)

Thing is - I hardly ever go out in it when the weather is bad or when it's dark - when there is a good day I'm probably doing something else and have to drive one of my other cars. I can't take it to some places either cos I'm fed up with it being scratched by some idiot!

Rich

Edited by richyrich
  • Like 1