New Mobile Phone Suggestion

Flex

OK so I'm going to go onto a sim only as I don't want to be spending an extra £240 per year that I dont really need to (and be locked in for 2 years! so £480 over that period).

I've got a HTC sensation at the moment, other than the current top spec phones (Galaxy S3,4, Iphone) as they're a bit too pricey and would almost negate my cost savings what other phone would people recommend buying running andriod op systems?

I don't mind spending around the £120-50 mark for a decent phone.

I used to have a sim only but went back to contract as it was only £5 a month more for a good deal and a Galaxy S3. The only downside is being locked in for a couple of years but as i dont change my phone until it starts mucking about i should be ok with that.

Might be worth looking into mate ( O2 )

• Like 1

I'm planning on picking up the nexus 5 which has just come out today, but it's £300.

You could try picking up a nexus 4 on the cheap, google were selling them for £169 new last month so there should be a few on eBay.

P.s. I've got an ovivo sim which gives free minutes, text and data each month on pay as you go, so I shouldnt need to spend anything per month. The downside is it redirects you to an advert page before you can use the browser.

Edited by Gudzy

I'm planning on picking up the nexus 5 which has just come out today, but it's £300.

You could try picking up a nexus 4 on the cheap, google were selling them for £169 new last month so there should be a few on eBay.

P.s. I've got an ovivo sim which gives free minutes, text and data each month on pay as you go, so I shouldnt need to spend anything per month. The downside is it redirects you to an advert page before you can use the browser.

Can you bring your number across to Ovivo?

Yes you can transfer your number, just need to get your PAC code from your current provider. They also give you a credit bonus for transferring.

With t mobile they needed the SIM's serial number, so I had to be called back on my landline whilst I took it out of the phone.

I've paid for my nexus 5 and hoping to pick it up from store tomorrow or Tuesday.

• 2 weeks later...

So I ordered Ovivo over a week ago another sim and still nothing, you'd think as a new company they'd be keen to get the sims out asap, not impressed so far!

You should have mentioned, I could have probably got a referral bonus...

My SIM arrived within a couple of days but I didn't need to use it for a couple of months, typical when you need something quickly it takes longer!

If its any consolation I've been using my ovivo SIM successfully so far.

So I ordered Ovivo over a week ago another sim and still nothing, you'd think as a new company they'd be keen to get the sims out asap, not impressed so far!

You should have mentioned, I could have probably got a referral bonus...

My SIM arrived within a couple of days but I didn't need to use it for a couple of months, typical when you need something quickly it takes longer!

If its any consolation I've been using my ovivo SIM successfully so far.

Ha sorry, you could have had an extra £2 credit. I'm not in a rush just want to trial it really before I port my number over.

• 3 months later...