new exhaust ?

techinstaller

Well sounds like the OEM exhaust is starting to blow and the rear box and usual joint is rot as a pear so going to be needing a replacement .

I have allways thought if it was needed i would fit a miltek, i love the sound of the oem before it started blowing and want similar or very slightly louder but 100% deffinatly not any quieter than the oem exhaust am i looking at the right choice.?

Miltek is quite tame compared to other options, but is the most OEM like. Best value for money is the Cobra or Scorpion, much better sound than OEM and louder. If you want to spend more then look at the Invidia Gemini which is a true dual exhaust.

Tarmac Sportz, who is a trader on here, has sound clips of the exhausts they sell on their website :)

Edited by Jp606

Thanks for all the feedback.

I can take it for sure then that Miltek is definatly the nearest to OEM in looks as well as sound then?

i am VERY worried it will turn out quieter than OEM and i do want a slightly louder more aggresive noise mainly when standing on the loud pedal ,I have a younger mate working with me and he has just fitted a miltek on his astra GSI and we were both a bit surprised how quite it is.

I assume if it was a bit to quiet i could allways throw some Dcats on which would increase the noise?

Another reason i am swayed to the Miltek was im sure i saw a thread some where on the forom that Abbey do a package deal icluding the uprev ,so for one i assume the exhaust is good if they fit and sell them and second im tempted to do the uprev in any case ,although not sure if its wise on an 82,000 miler ?

thanks again for your input

• 3 weeks later...

Anything aftermarket will be louder than the standard exhaust. No idea why they made the 350/370 so quiet. Iv just fitted Invidia high flow cats to my Scorpion exhaust,which i already loved, and now love it even more. The Cobra exhaust also sounds sweet,a friend of mine has one on his Zed with standard everything else. Unless your going big bucks, id get the Cobra or Scorpion and replace the Y pipe at the same time. These are the other weak link in the system along with the flange.

Dave, the Scorpion is mid and rear silencer... :thumbs:

Everyday is a schoolday, thought it was just the box :p

Definitely no y-pipe though with it is there?

That's right, no Y pipe included with the Scorpion, we usually team them up with the Cobra Y pipe... :)

Scorpion & Cobra.......

I wonder if anyone ever built an exhaust and called it the Aadvark :shrug:

Sent from the golf club...

If you are doing it on a budget in stages then Scorpion, plus Stillen Y pipe plus HFCs is a natural progression that gives an awesome end result.

If you have the money to do it all in one go then I would suggest a true dual system such as an Invidia and HFCs.

Have a click on the website below, I can do discounts for packages etc so feel free to drop me a pm

Chris

If you are doing it on a budget in stages then Scorpion, plus Stillen Y pipe plus HFCs is a natural progression that gives an awesome end result.

If you have the money to do it all in one go then I would suggest a true dual system such as an Invidia and HFCs.

Have a click on the website below, I can do discounts for packages etc so feel free to drop me a pm

Chris

If your on a budget that you can't afford a decent exhaust then you should have bought a cheaper car to start with :p

• Like 1