Esp light & slip light on.

Tomb

I went to pull away from work earlier and as I did the car seemed to brake on its own and make some strange noises (ABS sort of sound) this in only in the first couple of meters of driving.

After this the slip light and esp light both come on and stay on, I am aware that this means there's a malfunction in the system, I checked all tyre pressures and they are fine aswell as tyres tread.

I'm not sure we're to go from here .. Please help !!

Note: I did take my steering wheel off yesterday to carbon wrap the silver parts .. But I'm pretty sure this would have nothing to do with the issue right?

Thanks in advance

Tom.

My bet is that you rotated the wheel. Now the poor ESP/TCS things you have the wheel turned when you actually don't. Something along the lines of wheel position sensor. Electronics ...

If it is that a code reader will tell you. But you can only see the actual degrees that its reporting with UpRev software. The dealer can reset the sensor too with their Consult 2 device, but if you've rotated it by any more than 180 degrees you need to hope you havnt damaged any of the wires...

Edited by cs2000

Where are ylou located, probably a member close by with one.

A little hit and miss, but id try turning the wheel all the way left, the counting as precisely as you can how many turns it takes to go all the way right, half that and turn back left that amount of turns. Hopefully your wheel will be dead centre, but id bet yours wont be.

Then its just a matter of taking whe wheel off and rotating it back so its cenrered properly.

Or, go to the stealers and get them to reset the sensor, making note of my caution in the post above regarding the wires.

I'm in Christchurch, dorset.

I tried the turning all the way left and then all the way to the right and it seems to be centred? 5 half turns from left to right and then 2.5 returns it to straight...

Hate to think what the stealers will charge for that aswell. ..

So did you check your brake fluid?

+1 before you potentially waste £85 as we have seen endless posts about this issue and it is often the cause. Remember as your pads get worn fluid goes down in the reservoir and ZEDs do like a full glass ....... ;)

Yeah brake fluids are full ...

When the dealers put the car through diagnostics ... Will it just be a fault code reader? If so is it worth just buying my own such as this; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-fault-reader-code-scanner-diagnostic-tool-OBD-2-CAN-/230644533100?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item35b37c476c

Tom.

Edited by Tomb

Initially yes im sure they will just pull fault codes. They should only break out the Consult 2 to actually perform a reset of the sensor. US forums say they are charged $75 for this service.

A nice code reader is always a useful tool. Even a single use of it makes it pay for itself, my local garages charge £25 just to read a code...