How to turn of traction?

roddymcleantattooer

To turn off the traction control - press the button by your right knee. However this is only the traction control and not the stability control.

To turn off the stability control - unplug the yaw sensor underneath the center console. But that will disable all aids so beware. :)

• Like 1

Then no one would be on here, creating annoyed messages about previous posts haha :lol::p

Good point :lol:

But have you noticed that silly question travel in groups?

I've only been here about 18 months, but in that time I'd not heard one person asking about how to turn of the traction control, then 2 come a long in a week :shrug:

I turned my traction off... went side ways pulling away from a junction...... Turned it back on again. Bit of a scardy pants!! Looking to book a limits day to really push my car and learn its limits. It's annoying when It cuts the power from changing 1st to 2nd. But our roads here are not forgiving. I'd leave it on!

• Like 1

I turned my traction off... went side ways pulling away from a junction...... Turned it back on again. Bit of a scardy pants!! Looking to book a limits day to really push my car and learn its limits. It's annoying when It cuts the power from changing 1st to 2nd. But our roads here are not forgiving. I'd leave it on!

No not really. You just need to learn how to drive.

• Like 1

I already know this... Had her for 4ish months and taking it steady. All my previous cars have been repmobiles

I already know this... Had her for 4ish months and taking it steady. All my previous cars have been repmobiles

Still, I honestly think traction control lights up to tell you that you are being silly not to save you. Unless you was dumping the clutch at 4krpm. :lol:

Does no one read the manual or use google anymore for trivial queries? :shrug:

So whats the answer then smartarse? Really useful reply that one.

OP, the easiest way to turn it off entirely is to unplug the three plugs on the ABS unit on the inside of the wing next to the brake fluid reservoir. Be aware, this will also turn off your ABS though :)

For those preaching, the TCS on the 350Z isnt all that - it comes in too early and is very clunky int he way it works, and if you really think instant death will befall anyone who dares to press the button and turn it off I hope you never have to drive a TVR ;)

• Like 2

OP, the easiest way to turn it off entirely is to unplug the three plugs on the ABS unit on the inside of the wing next to the brake fluid reservoir. Be aware, this will also turn off your ABS though :)

For those preaching, the TCS on the 350Z isnt all that - it comes in too early and is very clunky int he way it works, and if you really think instant death will befall anyone who dares to press the button and turn it off I hope you never have to drive a TVR ;)

Further from this, I had a switch put into a yaw sensor so I can turn it all off whenever I like, I found the TCS would still kick in a bit at some of the bigger drift corners and I'd lose the front end.

The vtc kicked in when I was overtaking a lorry and hit a pothole ,scared the life out of me ,nearly went head on into a jeep because I couldn't get the power up to take the lorry my car is an import andthe button has no lights or any indication that it's on or off till I feel it come on

I wasn't sure as I know zed buttons vary between models ect

Not at all but if the op does what you say and has an accident I am sure the insurer would be interested in this thread :lol:

Why not turn off all the airbags and not bother with that stupid seatbelt thing too....

All I meant was turn it off on a track not on the road, if that makes me a fool then I am happy to be s fool :)

The vtc kicked in when I was overtaking a lorry and hit a pothole ,scared the life out of me ,nearly went head on into a jeep because I couldn't get the power up to take the lorry my car is an import andthe button has no lights or any indication that it's on or off till I feel it come on

I wasn't sure as I know zed buttons vary between models ect

Sounds like a dodgy overtake to me then, you could have just pulled back in behind the lorry safely but then maybe your enormous manhood would have shrivelled up and dropped off :lol: