What Pressure Washer to buy?

Grundy

Plain and simple...

Can anyone recommend a good Pressure Washer (That I don't have to take out a mortgage to buy :) )

With my previous car, I took care of her at the start, hand washing it each week, then after a year or so, other cars and people damaging it etc, I ended up going to the local Polish car wash, who do an awesome job.

But now with my new car, I want to take real good care of her.

So...

A: Do I get a Pressure Washer

B: What one?

Cheers

Grundy

We'll pleased with my K4, as per the thread above. Feels decent quality, easy to find a lance that fits, cleans all sorts of things you point it at! The PA lance I went for rules too. All in all, great purchase, especially if you've got other lesser cars to clean which don't require a proper TBM and real attention, just a quick blast.

I got given a Halfords 150hp pressure washer for my birthday some 7-8 years ago and it's still going strong (used once a week without fail). The crappy plastic wheels have fallen off & it weighs a ton but it's still going strong. Doubt it cost the earth either. ;)

We'll pleased with my K4, as per the thread above. Feels decent quality, easy to find a lance that fits, cleans all sorts of things you point it at! The PA lance I went for rules too. All in all, great purchase, especially if you've got other lesser cars to clean which don't require a proper TBM and real attention, just a quick blast.

Thats what I've been looking at through your thread, only thing that concerns me, is it too 'plasticky'?

Thats what I've been looking at through your thread, only thing that concerns me, is it too 'plasticky'?

It's almost entirely plastic, but it's solid stuff, I tend to cart it about a bit, drop it from time to time, it does mark but it's held up fine so far. I think on the thread I started some people did rate the Nilfisk stuff as the internals may be brass, and as per the post above GMballistic is pleased with the Halfords one too. Have a look in your local hardware type places, they have limited selections in my experience but you can get a feel for the quality. Personally I'm a brand snob, so I wouldn't go own brand but you can't argue with a 7 year lifespan!

• 2 weeks later...

Is it a myth that a pressure washer can damage the paintwork?

I wouldn't say it was a myth at all. If you use the wrong nozzle attachment or point it from 0.1" from your paint work then I'm sure you can damage it easily. For example my Halfords pressure washer has an attachment that gives you a single jet of water probably only a millimetre in diameter so when you use this you can actually write your name in concrete! :scare: No idea what you would need that for but needless to say it goes nowhere near my car. ;)

I still wash my car in the rain, I did today with my waterproofs on, neighbours must think I'm mad!!

:lol: I've washed my car's in the rain before now as well and yes the neighbours will think you're mad or at least mine do. Funniest was when I was washing my old WRX in minus something degrees C and the water was freezing on the roof as I hosed it down. Now that was bonkers. :p