Lacquer starting to peel off steering wheel

DaddyCee

The silver part of the steering wheel which surrounds the buttons, seems have the lacquer starting to peel away. Has anyone else had this happen?

I'll try and post a pic later today when I get 5 mins.

Is it an easy repair? if so what do I need to attempt this myself?

I thought it was just grime on that part of the wheel but it seems to be the lacquer as the feel of the metal is no longer smooth more grainy.

TIA

DC.

It's been known to happen. You need to remove them, sand back and re-lacquer. Pm rtbiscuit for new stickers if yours is <06.

Not done it myself so not sure on the procedure for removing, but Google knows :D

Mine is also peeling slightly although I didn't notice it for the first couple of weeks of owning the car so it's not that bad.

I was thinking of carbon wrap (although think I'd want to remove them as the finish would be better), but the lettering would then be removed..

Cant see why not, they are just adhesive like anything else?

I could be wrong as cant remember the post exactly, but the decals were to go on the switches rather than the wheel weren't they?

No decals are on the wheel, symbols are on the switches..(just went out in the rain to check)..!! :wacko: