Breakdown cover

Ebized

As the 370 is now past warranty and so no free breakdown cover - any recommendations?

I know these get offered with new credit cards etc but not really looking to that unless it is a stonking deal and my car insurance is halfway through a year so that doesn't really help :)

been with the AA for years. Both the wife and I had separate memberships. You can save money and do a joint one. Also they also go expensive come renewal . Just see what the others are doing and go back and say you want a cheaper deal or your leaving. Always worked for me so far.

I used to be with RAC (never came across to using their service, thanks God) and now with AA

RAC used to give "no call out discount" at every renewal. When I phoned them to cancel membership-they did offer me, as far as I remember, half price policy!

Had same story with phone companies etc... When you phone them to cancel - they will do a good deal to keep you!

As 1st cover, which you can't really try to cancel to get it cheaper, I would go for any... AA, RAC, GreenFlag as there are no much difference between them all!

Also, your insurance company can provide a break dower cover at pretty low cost(some dont lol)

i dont know who you bank with but we pay a small monthly fee with the bank (barclays) to get a premier account and with then get full european breakdown cover, multitrip travel insurance and gadget insurance (mobile phones and ipads) when you add it up its a huge amount cheaper than buying all the cover seperately elsewhere plus you get a few extra bank services as a bonus

AA and RAC are pretty much identical. I gave both a normal RAC membership and the 911 is covered via Porsche Assist who also use the RAC. I've called upon them multiple times and they've always been ace, but then it's luck of the draw if you get a good mechanic or a quiet time. No right or wrong choice really, as long as you pick a big name.

Do you shop at tesco?

You can use your club card points to exchange for RAC membership.

I done it a year or so ago (that reminds me it's due renewal) and got a family membership for 3 people with everything other than Europe cover for around £70 worth of vouchers, should have been around 200 apparently... If you believe the hype.

When I crashed a car a *long* time ago I was with the AA who charged me an arm and a leg to recover the car, with the RAC it's free - this should be covered by your insurance anyway however I'm sure some probably have clauses on uninsured drivers crashing in to you etc. Don't know if that's still the same though.