350z V ?, What you beaten before ?

M350ZB

Right Guys,

Having my 350Z a month, im thinking what sort of things have you beaten or embarassed on the road, when having abit of fun !

Only things i have had fun with is focus ST, what was my mates, what was so funny, brought him down a peg or two!

And a bmw 320ci and a couple of fiest st's thats about it!

But what other cars have you toyed with ?

To be honest I don't try to beat other cars I know I can beat such as Fiesta's :headhurt:

If anything I always want to have a go at stuff that should be faster like M3's, 911's, 650's etc. Generally get smoked but its good fun if you can get the drop on one :teeth:

i lost to a k plate fiesta the other day :dry: wasnt too happy. pulled up next to him and asked what was in it....... had a full sierra cosworth convertion incl being changed to 4wd, and to make it even better lol, there was no back seats, 2 in the front were carbon. the interior was made from aluminium and had plastic windows, felt like a right idiot, in saying that he didnt win by that much considering its power and it weighing as much as a fluffy fart! i like beating scoobies.... thats fun :yahoo:

i lost to a k plate fiesta the other day :dry: wasnt too happy. pulled up next to him and asked what was in it....... had a full sierra cosworth convertion incl being changed to 4wd, and to make it even better lol, there was no back seats, 2 in the front were carbon. the interior was made from aluminium and had plastic windows, felt like a right idiot, in saying that he didnt win by that much considering its power and it weighing as much as a fluffy fart! i like beating scoobies.... thats fun :yahoo:

Can a 350z really have an edge on a scooby? All the scoobies I know are pretty darn quick and its hard not to find one thats standard. I got toasted by a black vvti Supra the otherday, left me for dead :thumbdown:

I don't race other cars. I kinda find it a bit..... sad. I like to have a good fast drive but it's for me, not showing how 'ace' my car is. Lets face it, a 350Z looks fast, it is pretty quick. Do I feel the need to race a family car to prove how cool I am? No.

Just my opinion, shoot me down if you want to! :p

Mate does work on my in a Porsche garage at weekends, salemen are tired of customers moaning about their shiny new boxsters being made to look stupid by a Nissan!!! Kinda nice!

Should by a proper Porsche and then they wouldnt :p

Don't forget the quicker you go the less people see you looking like a cool mofo B)

I've not beaten that much actually, usually because my sensible, life preserving, license loving trigger kicks in long before the next guy :D

I used to like embarrasing just about anything when I had the Scoob, outbraking and out-cornering even the quickest of machines :D

I think the Zed really says "I don't need to, I'm a cool mofo anyway"

Don't forget the quicker you go the less people see you looking like a cool mofo B)

I've not beaten that much actually, usually because my sensible, life preserving, license loving trigger kicks in long before the next guy :D

I used to like embarrasing just about anything when I had the Scoob, outbraking and out-cornering even the quickest of machines :D

+1, can only ASW when you are seen

+1, can only ASW when you are seen

+2

I've backed out of a couple of dices recently because I'm not comfortable driving at that speed on the public road. Call me a wuss but I'm not having some kid's death on my conscience.

Ive backed out quite a few situations, i find that most people are doing it to prove that there polo/Xr2i/corsa is the fastest thing in the world with there 6" exhaust or to just annoy me. They seem to like driving within an inch of my rear bumper even in traffic. Ive had fun with a few mercs including an AMG ML, New Golf GTi, Impreza's, TT's, BMW's etcc.. but the main one was a Porsche 911 turbo across some open country roads, which i kept up with. To be truthfull if the situation came up again, i wouldn't bother. I admit, i do drive quickly, but i make sure i stick to the limits in built up areas, similar to what we did on the NW run. And to add to someones comment earlier, i've never done it to look cool as i try to do it in areas where there are few, if any pedestrians at all. Time and a place and all that.

i've only had some fun twice - once with an Evo 9 (it was still inching away from me at 140 so I gave up reasonably pleased that I wasn't blown away) and a BMW 335 DIESEL :scare: which I stopped being interested at 100 b'cos it was going to take something silly to finish that off and I had precious cargo on board - Mrs 73!

Like many on here I believe that with the 350 there is nothing to prove. Especially to Boy Racers in obviously "lesser" cars. However, I have been known to see the racer mist myself and allowed one or two to get a couple cars' lengths ahead before blowing on by :drive1:

Speeding is not big, nor clever though. And I'm pleased really that in the 350 it's better to be seen as the cool MOFO that I quite clearly am :wacko:

Time and a place and all that.

Spot on B)

To be honest I've never been that quick. I got 30,000 miles from my GYF1's on the Scoob and never needed to change the discs or pads. I suspect that life with the Zed will be similar :blush:

For me it's not just about the pace, it's about the experience. From that characteristic start up and soulful idle, to the bark of 5000 rpm. It's about long summer days, and kids with their mums shouting "whoa 350Z!"

It's about passing long lines of cloned sales reps wearing dodgy pink shirts in silver Vectras, it's about smiling at the 37th World Rally Blue Subaru you've seen that morning.

It's about Megiuars and Autosol, lambswool mits and microfibre. It's about seeing other Zeds and wondering if *you* look and sound that cool when you drive by.

Sod this office crap, pass me the Zed keys :)

I admit, i do drive quickly, but i make sure i stick to the limits in built up areas, similar to what we did on the NW run. And to add to someones comment earlier, i've never done it to look cool as i try to do it in areas where there are few, if any pedestrians at all. Time and a place and all that.

I second that. I stick to the limits in urban areas and purposely head out into the countryside late Summer evenings or early Sunday mornings when I want a thrash. I get up at 6am Sundays and decide to either take the Bike or take the car if I have something decent on my drive.

I drive quickly across country in cars and on bikes and always have done, and yet I have a clean license so saving it for the wilderness seems to work well for me.

I don't get much of a buzz from seeing off inferior machinery, it's only a laugh if you take on something quicker, same with the bike. On the R1 it's not much of a thrill because it's supposed to be quicker, but on the Duke with only 90bhp it's enormous fun to ride round the outside of Superbikes with the footpegs scraping the tarmac B)

I had one very memorable blast through some very twisty roads in my last 350z with a Peugeot 306 giving chase. Respect where it's due that guy could really drive, there is no way that car should have been on my tail. I pulled away on the straights but not as much as I expected to do, I was seeing as much as 130 but he was right back on my tail in the corners. When we got to a roundabout at the end he pipped his horn and waved at me and gave me the thumbs up so I guess he was used to bullying people down that road.

I felt kinda peeved that I couldn't get away from him, but I'm not Lewis Hamilton at the end of the day so maybe he was :surrender:

It was the same bit of road where a couple of years ago I followed a guy on a Yamaha R1 in a Honda NSX, with my mate looking kind of nervous in the passenger seat. They biker kept looking over his shoulder to see if I was still there and if anything he was holding me up :p

I didn't get the chance to run the Z against anything particularly quick whilst I had it, but the Monaro came next and would have left it very easily I'm afraid, so don't take one on if it crosses your path, at least not the 6.0 VXR !

Well one thing im glad of and love is humilating all my mates in there focu st's, i love it !

What are the Renault Megane 225 and Focus St's like compared to the Zed?

My friends Focus RS is a good match for my 350. It has great handling with the dif.