Yay, I just went to my first Spanish class!

twobears

I have just come back from my first ever Spanish language class and I have already been promoted to the Spanish Improvers class. I am pleased but also worried that I won't be able to hack it :scare: Are there any other Spanish learners on here? It would be nice to have someone else to 'talk' to :teeth:

Por supuesto.

Good effort for giving it a crack, it's a relatively well structured language to get going in I found (compared to my butchering of French!). I did some Spanish classes for a month in South America and loved every minute of it. People are much friendlier when you hack up their language than if you use the shout in English & point system. I wish I got to practice it more, but not too many Latinos around these parts. Think I may look out for a course now you mention it...

¡Suerte!

Being 1/2 French, when I studied Spanish at school and later went to spend a lot of time in Spain for work (Mallorca and Barcelona mainly) it all came back to me. Now, entiendo bastante bien pero no hablo tan bien!

It's great to learn a second or multiple languages - it really helps in life, but also in business. It can help break the ice a little, or at least make you stand out a little.

Furthermore, when you go abroad you can blend in and keep apart from all the embarrassing English louts on holiday! :p:stir:

Well done and keep it up! B)

Edited by wmr1980

wmr, don't be so modest, you speak it much better than I do :D Mr Two Bears is going to work in Madrid in the new year and everyone else on the staff will be Spanish so he is very keen to learn the language. I plan to be a lady of leisure but I would feel much happier if I could speak Spanish so that I can get on with everyday life whilst I am there :)

• Like 1

Try with both, so you can practice your conjugations! :lol::D

Good for you on learning some of the language before going to Spain. :) Good luck with it - and keep at it. And also congrats on Mr Bear's job in Spain! Ever so jealous! I do miss my travelling job, but I quite like the calm life too. :)

Can we come and visit? :D

Edited by wmr1980
  • Like 1

wmr, all my friends want to come with me so I've told them I'll charter a plane! I'm sure we can find you a seat somewhere :lol:

A-G, I've not heard of that one but I'll take a look. I'm currently using Coffee Break Espagnol (which is broad Scots when they are not speaking Spanish :scare: ) and LinguaPhone. Mr Two Bears is also listening to Michel Thomas but I really hate his ponderous style so can't manage to listen to him for more than five minutes :(

ioneabee, well thanks for that confidence booster :boxing::lol:

NeilMH, I actually did try two Seats. I was trying so hard to be sensible and get a small, good value car but I failed, hence the ST :blush: The man at the Seat garage deserves a special mention though because he was very nice and helpful :teeth:

Thanks Graham :) There was one young chap in the class who was extremely keen but his enthusiasm outweighed his linguistic talents. I think he wanted to be in the next class up too. I'm sure he will get there soon.

Sophisticated moi? Erm, we've not met, obviously :lol:

If I have to write a Spanish translation underneath all my posts from now on please expect very simple posts about the weather and what types of food I would like to order if I were in a restaurant :surrender:

Adios amigos :teeth:

• Like 1