contemplating a carbon vinyl wrap on the bonnet!

pez424

Guys. Ive got a few aftermarket body parts on my z and as a result, my bonnet colour doesnt match up perfectly with the front of the car. So my solution is to wrap the bonnet and that will take attention off of the colour difference. I was wondering, as I havent seen in the flesh, is a high quality finish achievable? And what would be the best vinyl for the job? Any help/tips greatly appreciated!

Martin.

Look out for the photos of mine on the stite next week. Its currently at RT Performance for some work but already has a carbon wrapped bonnet, mirrors and partial front bumper which i think looks great.

Payco

Dont agree as i think the carbon wrapped bonnet on my z looks fantastic and sets it apart. As i said have a look at it when RT post the photos of the work they have done on mine and then form an opinion. Will be interested on forum opinions but i love it.

Payco

Dont agree as i think the carbon wrapped bonnet on my z looks fantastic and sets it apart. As i said have a look at it when RT post the photos of the work they have done on mine and then form an opinion. Will be interested on forum opinions but i love it.

Payco

The problem is that it doesnt look like real carbon fibre. Its too dull and doesnt shimmer the way real carbon fibre does. Real carbon fibre goes very shimmery, almost satin like, in the sun

I wrap cars for a living and to be honest its all about preference, and what colour car you have. My fave is matte black, its a bit more durable than other wrap colours but carbon HAS come a long way since it was introduced and i dont mind it if its on the right coloured car. Check out the Hexis range or the 3m range, try to get a few samples sent to you, and hold them on the car. Remember, if youre doing it yourself, it will need to be heated to about 85 degs after application.

£200 will get you a bonnet respray to match the rest of the car, why not do this?

At the end of the day it's all personal preference, i don't personally like it, many others do.

True, either or really...like you though, £200/300 will get a decent respray...£200 for a wrap. If it was a matter of wanting to bling it up a bit id do a wrap but if it was to hide a colour difference id go the spray route.

If you want, and ur near me (london), grab some hexis vinyl from rich for like 50quid or so (not sure is price for carbon) and ill give ou a hand wrapping.

Personally, im not a fan of carbon vinyl as its too flat a look for carbon. However, to the normal eye it looks good and there isnt many people who actually can see the difference between real and vinyl unless theyve seen real before