E92 Coupe which one?

Karlp

Okay guys since selling the zed ;( I'm still on the look out for a BMW coupe e92 56plate+, just wondering if any other members have had experiences with them and if they should be any certain models etc I should stay away from, I know about the 320D engines with the timing chain failures. Also is Idrive really worth paying the extra $$$??

Take it from my experience (I owned a couple of E92s)

If you cant get the M3, get the 335i, if you cant get the 335i... Don't buy one.

Take the 325i E92 for example - The engine is flat as a witches tit, the Fuel consumption is terrible (worse than my Zed). The head is noisy (research about noisy tappets). You will find it very boring.

Born and bread around BMW's, my advice - The 335i Twin Turbo Diesel. That can be mapped to 500BHP easily.

If you cant get the M3, get the 335i, if you cant get the 335i... Don't buy one.

Take the 325i E92 for example - The engine is flat as a witches tit, the Fuel consumption is terrible (worse than my Zed). The head is noisy (research about noisy tappets). You will find it very boring.

Born and bread around BMW's, my advice - The 335i Twin Turbo Diesel. That can be mapped to 500BHP easily.

Thats what I thought guys see a nice 335i and 330d both with Idrive, think its gonna have to idrive at least then ;)

A 6 cylinder engine is must. Love the engine in my 335i....but you wouldn't see 500bhp without some hybrid turbos (£3-4k imported from the states), a remap on a standard engine will see 360-70bhp max, which is still plenty!!

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

I agree with this except for the 500bhp part. 500nm of torque maybe?

• 3 weeks later...

Is the economy that bad on the newer ones? I was looking at an 09 320D to save on fuel

• 2 weeks later...

Had a E92 330i, lovely car. A fast sporty cruiser rather than a sports car like the Z. A straight six engine is a must, even the diesels make a OK sound. First few mods I think are a must on any type. Get rid of the crappy run flats and replace the springs for eibach. Good luck your choice.