Hey anyone using this kit..

SkylineV35

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look great what size of rims are you running? did the kit come with braided hoses etc?

Thanks

Saskhi

In that pic my 18" Rota Drifts - I now have 18" Rota grids for track and run a set of staggered RE30s 18" front 19" rear with them.

Both Kits came with braided hoses yes :)

But I used HEL lines anyway :lol:

Track

KODC0833_zps264e158d.jpg

Road

IMG_3751.jpg

Car looks amazing mate! Yeah was just checking i have the standard 19s rays i think . did you colour code the rear calipers or just left them black? sorry bad eyesight and cant zoom lol.

any reason why hel over braided lines it came with?

Thanks

Edited by SkylineV35

Car looks amazing mate! Yeah was just checking i have the standard 19s rays i think . did you colour code the rear calipers or just left them black? sorry bad eyesight and cant zoom lol.

Thanks

I was going to colour code them but haven't got round to it yet - seemed a shame at the time as they were all new and shiny I'm also known for how plain I like my colours on a car

4f89530a-befc-4e13-b047-a66383a0b28c_zps9cbb8033.jpg

I already had the HEL lines but that was the only reason I used them :)

Thanks

I was going to colour code them but haven't got round to it yet - seemed a shame at the time as they were all new and shiny I'm also known for how plain I like my colours on a car

4f89530a-befc-4e13-b047-a66383a0b28c_zps9cbb8033.jpg

I already had the HEL lines but that was the only reason I used them :)

WOW that is a dazzling display of colour!! I was going to keep my car black and purple...but wow!! B)

Circa £1900.00 gets you a front and rear kit... :)

Is that shipping included? I stay in Cardiff.

We'd try and sort free carriage for you... :)

Ok i think iv only got budget for front setup for now, I just need a definate if it will fit straight on or if there are adaptors for my Skyline v35/ infiniti g35

I have an account with these but don't know much about the product in all honesty as never sold any, I can hook you up with a set if wanted though

with D2, ksport or ceilica or watever there called lol?

I just want purple brakes that will emergency stop on the spot lol

In BBKs i can supply Ksport, D2, Akebono, Wilwood, AP Racing and Stoptech

If you just want to stop then a full Stoptech set up discs, pads, lines will be a cheaper option, unless you are SC ing or tracking regularly.

I have an account with these but don't know much about the product in all honesty as never sold any, I can hook you up with a set if wanted though

with D2, ksport or ceilica or watever there called lol?

I just want purple brakes that will emergency stop on the spot lol

In BBKs i can supply Ksport, D2, Akebono, Wilwood, AP Racing and Stoptech

If you just want to stop then a full Stoptech set up discs, pads, lines will be a cheaper option, unless you are SC ing or tracking regularly.

pmd

Is it not an extra £100 if you want the rear discs to make use of the OEM handbrake shoes?

Handbrake shoes? do we not have caliper n discs at back?

Our handbrake uses shoes round the axle hubs i believe. The handbrake doesnt use the caliper or brake discs

Is it not an extra £100 if you want the rear discs to make use of the OEM handbrake shoes?

Handbrake shoes? do we not have caliper n discs at back?

Our handbrake uses shoes round the axle hubs i believe. The handbrake doesnt use the caliper or brake discs

Ahh il prob need that then my handbrake sucks!

The K Sport that we offer come with more sizing options for front and rear, 356mm front and 330mm rear is what we tend to do... :)

is 356mm front really necessary? Would 6pot 330 front and 4pot 330mm rear suffice? As Im worried about unsprung weight.. I know the calipers are 5lbs and oem brembo are 14lb i think, but what are the weight difference between 356mm and 330mm rotors? also is there much weight saving on split rotors?

I will be fast road / occasional track orientated. I have 19" oem rays if thats any help. Also would having temporarily the front brake kit on until i can afford rear set too, affect the brake bias much?

Edited by SkylineV35

" Brembo brakes were removed for the 2005 and 2006 models, and the brakes were redesigned with larger discs and a different caliper design. This was partly in response to a number of complaints about the previous years' brakes, which included a class action lawsuit filed in California related to premature wear on 2003–2004 models"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infiniti_G 2006 refresh

D2 and KSports are the same brakes, made in the same factory, branded differently.

Plenty of Z32s running both and reporting excellent braking behaviour.

Personally wanting KSports but right now, have Black Diamond stock size, drilled and grooved on the front, with EBC drilled and grooved on the rear, and EBC YellowStuff pads all round. VERY happy with the stopping power, but won't know until tomorrow whether the new YellowStuffs on the front are going to fade like the GreenStuffs I had before or not. Z32s have very small stock discs :( lol

I reckon go with the bigger ones if you're going with them at all, unsprung weight isn't going to matter in such small amounts, especially when the stopping power you've got with 8pot callipers and 356mm rotors. Split rotors tend to cool better, weight mostly depends on the brand, but in many cases split rotors will be heavier, as there's almost a third more material in the overall disc, my Black Diamond drilled, vented, grooved fronts, are very very heavy!

D2 and KSports are the same brakes, made in the same factory, branded differently.

Plenty of Z32s running both and reporting excellent braking behaviour.

Personally wanting KSports but right now, have Black Diamond stock size, drilled and grooved on the front, with EBC drilled and grooved on the rear, and EBC YellowStuff pads all round. VERY happy with the stopping power, but won't know until tomorrow whether the new YellowStuffs on the front are going to fade like the GreenStuffs I had before or not. Z32s have very small stock discs :( lol

I reckon go with the bigger ones if you're going with them at all, unsprung weight isn't going to matter in such small amounts, especially when the stopping power you've got with 8pot callipers and 356mm rotors. Split rotors tend to cool better, weight mostly depends on the brand, but in many cases split rotors will be heavier, as there's almost a third more material in the overall disc, my Black Diamond drilled, vented, grooved fronts, are very very heavy!

Yeah i suppose my car weighs like a bus anyway lol a lil more weight wont matter haha..