I'm afraid they don't like the Nismo

ATTAK Z

You're really very good at evading the question. Is it that hard to answer?

I've already said I don't understand why you're doing what you're doing, I would've thought that much was clear. If you don't want to answer then just say so.

Looking for a bite are you?, you're not very good at that are you :lol:

OOps see what you mean now, have fixed that.

Is quieter now good? I'm confused - I thought the stock 370z was supposed to be too quiet :wacko:

I meant quieter in terms of road and tyre noise as the coupe tends to bounce the noise back into the cabin. The roadster has lots of extra insulation and the roof storage section to block that noise. If you mean exhaust wise then yes the Stock 370 is way to quiet as we all know, but easily fixed ;)

Exactly - I was referring to road noise rather than exhaust noise. I probably would avoid going for a soft top just because my car lives out in the open. I know I'll probably get a caning for it but I've started to think about the SLK 55 AMG as a future option. I like the look of em a lot and they have the advantage of being convertible hard top. Sound very nice too!

post-15237-0-14124100-1378401905_thumb.jpg

Edited by sipar69

Great thread to read whilst borrowing the wife's IPad sunning it over the pond in Florida. George, I really like your Nismo, just a quick question - how does the exhaust sound compared to your previous Akrapovic/Berks combo?

Has anyone mentioned the Mercedes A45 AMG? I believe that is in the same price region as the Nismo and is definitely on my short list when I come to change in maybe 12-24 months.

Cheers,

Scotty

If you like 370Z's the Nismo is the collectors edition.

It is expensive, but then it was always going to be, just look at any other limited edition run car, the Mugen Civic is about the same as the Nismo, even a bit more I think.

Honda sold them all before they even made the official listing.

Forget building an OEM 370Z to a Nismo level, it will never be as finished as a factory finished model and even if your tally up the catalogue prices I'm sure it won't be as cheap as you think and a lot, lot more stress to get it there.

It's easy to get personal about things but for what it's worth I think the Nismo 370Z is a great piece of Nissan Motorsport history and looks fantastic.

I'd personally find it hard to part with the cash needed to get one, but that doesn't affect my desire or respect for it.

Other than my 370Z I've seen three other 370Z's on the road in two years, Nismo's not a single one, that puts it in super rare territory for me.

In a perfect world, I'd say drive it for a few years, then clean it and store it for 10 years.

Going back to the mentioned BMW 135i, these are great my mate has one and both his and my car are almost un separable in terms of paper performance and IRL performance, the only place where there is a noticeable difference is that the 370Z has lost more mechanical grip and the BMW has 4 seats.

Besides he a better driver than me and he has a outstanding double clutch paddle shift our recent times over a sprint, in field and timed circuit were all with a second of each other.

Basically, one is Heinz Ketchup the other is HP Sauce.

• Like 3

If you want to buy something to 'stick in the garage' you could do a lot worse than an S1 Exige, they are already appreciating and can be gotten for around £20k and are a much bigger step up from the S1 Elise than the Nismo is from the 370. Not sure why I can't put my finger on it but can't see the Nismo becoming anything other than a cult car amongst Nissan 2 seater aficionados than a classic to the general motoring fraternity at large.