So ive got my new Zed!

TomLum

Hi guys thanks for the warm welcome on my introduction thread. After searching around for nearly two months ive finally bought my 350 :)

Its a 2004 Gunmetal UK GT with all the toys and on a respectable 44k.

Awesome car and loving it to bit already! DId 7 hours of travelling yesterday to go fetch it but worth every minuite and i got 35.8 mpg on the drive home!

Few little niggles to sort out. The exhaust is blowing from the mid pipe / backbox connection. (very common on the stanndard system I believe) and there is a small creak from the rear suspension. Any ideas what the common issue here would be? The car is completley stanndard.

Thanks guys and if your interested in seeing another stanndard gunmetal I can pop some pictures up!

Tom

Creak from suspension could be the banana arm bush or droplinks.

For the exhaust you could get that one welded fairly cheaply or upgrade to a stainless system. Plenty of options for new exhausts, price wise they start at around £400.

For the exhaust you could get that one welded fairly cheaply or upgrade to a stainless system. Plenty of options for new exhausts, price wise they start at around £400.

Thanks for the info. Going to take it and get it on the ramps today. I will change the exhaust for a stainless at some point. Not sure what I want though.

Thanks for the info. Going to take it and get it on the ramps today. I will change the exhaust for a stainless at some point. Not sure what I want though.

Lots of choice on exhausts..have a look at the Traders on here for ideas. Cobra seems a popular choice. .. :thumbs:

:welcome: Until I had the money I had the two back bits of the exhaust welded together with a tube over the two sections. Later I went for Milltek and Berks HFCs.

Small creak from rear sounds suspiciously like rear anti roll bar drop links - a cheap fix.

Thanks for all the comments guys! Can anyone recommend a place to get a cheap centre silencer section that goes into the back box. It's needs replacing ASAP so want a quick fix as its loud atm! It's past welding really. Then I can take my time and decide on a full system :)

Make sure the back box flange isn't broken. If it is it'll have to be a full system or a weld job. They can weld a sleeve over the join for about £40, that'll give you the time to decide/save for a new system.

Make sure the back box flange isn't broken. If it is it'll have to be a full system or a weld job. They can weld a sleeve over the join for about £40, that'll give you the time to decide/save for a new system.

So a sleave be welded over where the back box joins to the silencer pipe? If so i think thats what I will do for now.

So a sleave be welded over where the back box joins to the silencer pipe? If so i think thats what I will do for now.

Yep that's it. It'll keep you going for a while. Any good exhaust place could do it. Effectively joins the back bits together as if it were one piece.

Well after the advice I popped to my local garage today. They have cut and welded in new bits and now.......the car is silent! Im glad the drone in the cabin has gone but i kinda miss the raw sound it made! Im not happy havine a 'fixed' part on the car so im going to do my research and pick something new and shiney. A nismo would be the dream :)