Shine Auto Parts

bhavin85

Thanks Mark but..

Not for me, I saw the hassle the last trader had.

Body kits aren't my bag, fitting is pot luck, quality is questionable, shipping is expensive and a ball ache as they damage easily and are a pain to pack.

I'm opting out from anything but my own brand or lip kits or polyurethane

Good luck to anyone willing to take it on though

I'm opting out from anything but my own brand or lip kits or polyurethane

If you ever get PU Nismo V1s give me a shout, happy to be a guinea pig fitting wise! Probably cheaper to switch than keep respraying my fiberglass one which always seems to get whacked by a big rock or similar within a month or 2 of a respray, last respray was in May and there was a big accident on my way through France in July which threw a load of debris in front of my car causing more f'ing cracks. :(

I can get these in polyurethane, pretty much the same as Aerosyncs

http://www.visracing.com/newcatalog/Nissan/350Z/2003-2008-350Z/Front-Bumper-1525/2003-2008-Nissan-350Z-2Dr-Techno-R-Front-Bumper-Polyurethane.html

If I ordered 5 it would be about £495 shipped.

Bodykits need to be bought in bulk though and at present I don't want any in stock

Yeah like all replicas they are hit and miss, although their 350z products do get good praise V1/V2/Chargespeed rear especially and their CF Bonnets are supposed to be the best in the business.

Trust me I have spoke to numerous contacts in the USA about getting a good replica supplier and its the same old story, Pot luck, plus if you want OEM fitment then buy OEM parts. VIS seem to be best of a bad bunch.

Well I'm happy to give it a go assuming there's some form of refund policy from your supplier if the body shop says it's a no go fitting wise. Not sure how much other interest you'll get though and I guess shipping one unit for test fitting would be costly.

Well I'm happy to give it a go assuming there's some form of refund policy from your supplier if the body shop says it's a no go fitting wise. Not sure how much other interest you'll get though and I guess shipping one unit for test fitting would be costly.

And that there just hit the nail on the head which is why I don't do overseas replica bodykits...

It costs between £500-£700 to import say 10 front bumpers, and if one doesn't fit, a) the suppliers just going to turn around and say well its a replica part and its industry standard that you have to "make them good" and guess how much it costs to return one bumper... about £500-£700...same price paid for all 10..

Too much hassle dealing with replicas outside the UK unless your dead sure they are a good fit

as long as the fibre glass work is of good qulaity most bumpers can be adjusted to fit. the issue usually comes with thin fibre work, bad gel coats with lots of pin holes, or poor quality fibre glass that blows holes when the paint is dried in an oven. with the cheap kits sometimes the main issue is such a made layup that the panel gaps are huge.

from what i've read the vis stuff is good quality fibreglas work, but will need adjustment to fit.

not like other cheap crap that does all the above stuff mentioned.

as long as the fibre glass work is of good qulaity most bumpers can be adjusted to fit. the issue usually comes with thin fibre work, bad gel coats with lots of pin holes, or poor quality fibre glass that blows holes when the paint is dried in an oven. with the cheap kits sometimes the main issue is such a made layup that the panel gaps are huge.

from what i've read the vis stuff is good quality fibreglas work, but will need adjustment to fit.

not like other cheap crap that does all the above stuff mentioned.

We're talking PU not FRP, having said that if a company produces good quality FRP stuff they're more likely to produce good quality PU stuff as well.

I'd but up for a pic a mix shine group buy. Most of the cost comes from the shipping from the states, should be considerably cheaper in bulk and shipped separately in the UK.

I need some supra bits from Shine if we can arrange it :ninja: