Berks HFC Rasp......Ideas to eliminate it?

marconorth

I love my HFC growl but I'm really not getting along with the annoying 'Bee in a can' rasp that the Berks are giving out when i'm on it!

I am Upreved with a Full Milltek Resonated system.

While doing some serious trawling of the net last night looking for a solution, i noticed that several owners (both here & in the US) had found the answer in fitting a Motordyne XYZ Y-pipe with glass resonator. Turned out they were referring to fitment on a 350 not a 370.....Completely different flange set up >> Doh!!!

I have also read some past posts stating that certain pop chargers can mask the sound, but i'm really not sure which???

All ideas welcome

Marco

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Lexx

You could sell them and go for Motordyne ART pipes or Ark HFCs

They aren't so raspy.

So could the ART pipes be fitted with the Stillen CBE to create a similar sound to HFCs but without the well known fitment issue that is a problem with Stillen + CBE combo?

I had a milltek with berks, plenum spacer & uprev and when NeilMH came round to have a listen we went for a drive with first standard air box and then pop charger and the pop charger nicely masked the rasp ;)

How very true :lol: Together it's like a good harmony :p My wallet was prised open following the visit.