Black Code Remapping...

zippypooz

The oem software cannot be remapped. The uprev tuning software is added to the ecu and allows for oem tuning on a dyno.

3 places can do it. Depends how far you want to travel and where you are located.

Leeds, London, Horsham

The oem software cannot be remapped. The uprev tuning software is added to the ecu and allows for oem tuning on a dyno.

3 places can do it. Depends how far you want to travel and where you are located.

Leeds, London, Horsham

Oh i see!! Well Horsham is only down the road!! What sort of improvement can you expect to get? and is it safe!!!!! :wacko:

Jezz Horsham developments is in Newbury I think otherwise I would have been up there long ago.

Ben @ AMD do it and they are in Essex and they were my 1st choice. Not sure why I did not go there really.

Soon there will be one at Brands Hatch which will be great stuff.

The more the merrier and all that.

• Like 1

Leeds, London, Horsham

Hmmm ive just been on the phone to Black code and they say they can do it...not via oem software though.

Leeds, London, Horsham

Hmmm ive just been on the phone to Black code and they say they can do it...not via oem software though.

find out what software please as this is new to all members on here. Throughout the world uprev tuning is used or a new aftermarket ecu is fitted.

You wont get much gains to be honest without supporting mods. Even then you probably barely break the oem figures on most cars except the later HR engined cars

• Like 1

Leeds, London, Horsham

find out what software please as this is new to all members on here. Throughout the world uprev tuning is used or a new aftermarket ecu is fitted.

You wont get much gains to be honest without supporting mods. Even then you probably barely break the oem figures on most cars except the later HR engined cars

Yeah i will. Basically (very basically!!) they either come to your property or to where the car is and download the data from the ecu, send it back to head office where they then download it and remap it. Its then sent back and reinstalled into the ecu. A friend had it done last week on his top end merc. The ecu on the merc has some sort of anti tamper program (as does the Z apparently), they bypassed this and updated his ecu. Took about 2 hours. I asked what difference it made and he said a few things, quicker throttle response, more low down torque, very slight improvement 0-60 and better fuel consumption. Although he said he hadnt noticed any difference on the fuel side of things as yet. Funny enough, the guy i spoke to was an ex nissan guy and knew all about the Zs. I asked about the obvious stuff ie 0-60 times and he said there would be a slight improvement but it was more aiding response through the gears, torque and low down grunt that benefitted most. Interesting. Now im no high end mechanic so im only relaying what i was told by my friend and by the technician...but it sounds interesting to me!!...so far!! :wacko:

I would never ever let someone map a car on a driveway. The engine has to be tuned on a dyno to ensure safe running.

Doesn't matter if its a high end merc or a skoda, I wouldn't trust some one mapping on a driveway as they are unable to check the car and to accurately know how much power it's gained etc.

The fact is the ecu can only be remapped successfully using up uprev tuning.

Don't waste your time with anybody else except the tuning companys on hereS Listen to what all the experienced owners know on here. It's good advice

• Like 2

Run away :)

Use Abbey MS for UpRev remap, but sort out few breathing mods first: plenum spacer, pop-charger, HFC, exhaust, etc

Alternatively, Jez @ Horsham or Dan @ AME

does Dan do uprev now?

Dont forget RS tuning in Leeds are an option also

4 places can do it. Depends how far you want to travel and where you are located.

Leeds, London, Horsham

;) as corrected above, not heard anyone on here that has been uprev'd yet by TDi, but they do it :lol:

Ok, ask yourself these questions, do you want some kind of button pusher working on your car? If so I presume they send these guys out to work on ANY car, that implies that the button pusher knows exactly what he is doing doing on EVERY car. And they can achieve this working on your drive way with out a dyno? Does this sound too good to be true? How much do you love your Zed, oh and here's the Smurf Cynical question, how do you actually know they change anything if there are no before and after dyno tests that will set benchmarks as reference points? As others have said, it's a pointless exercise without the supporting breathing mods. Please walk away. :)

Like I said, I'm just passing on what I've been told as I thought it would be useful to know. I'm not saying I'm getting it done, in fact I'm not, personally I'd rather keep it standard. Anyway, here's the website, see what you think...I'm sure there'll be much debate!! www.black-code.co.uk

There is only 4 Uprev dealers in the UK

Abbey Motorsport

TDI North (Abbey Sub dealer) Warrington

RS Tuning in Leeds

Horsham Developments (Berkshire)

And there is also a dealer in Ireland TDP in Wicklow just south of Dublin.

We have seen a few cars tuned with the generic tunes which we know does work with these cars , we always tune every car on our in house Dynapack.

Get you car remapped with Uprev far better system, you can even re-flash the car back to stock if needed.

Any questions ask away.

There is only 4 Uprev dealers in the UK

Abbey Motorsport

TDI North (Abbey Sub dealer) Warrington

RS Tuning in Leeds

Horsham Developments (Berkshire)

And there is also a dealer in Ireland TDP in Wicklow just south of Dublin.

We have seen a few cars tuned with the generic tunes which we know does work with these cars , we always tune every car on our in house Dynapack.

Get you car remapped with Uprev far better system, you can even re-flash the car back to stock if needed.

Any questions ask away.

Hi, thanks for the info. What benefits are there to Uprev?

I just did a little google on the black code stuff, from what I can make it it does sound very similar to Uprev but with rather generic maps rather than a dyno tested maps specifically tailored for your individual car. Loads of good feeback on their FB page. However, I'd have to be on a tight budget and it would have to be about £50 for me to consider it over an uprev and even then I'd only consider it if I was leaving the car pretty much stock.

• Like 1

I just did a little google on the black code stuff, from what I can make it it does sound very similar to Uprev but with rather generic maps rather than a dyno tested maps specifically tailored for your individual car. Loads of good feeback on their FB page. However, I'd have to be on a tight budget and it would have to be about £50 for me to consider it over an uprev and even then I'd only consider it if I was leaving the car pretty much stock.

I agree, they sound reasonably professional and feedback is good...im gonna wait until i see a few more threads i think. Interesting to know though.

I agree, they sound reasonably professional and feedback is good...im gonna wait until i see a few more threads i think. Interesting to know though.

Well you seem to be swaying towards the Black Code.

Go for it if you feel like it, I'd just hate it if those guys took your money and it turns out to be a rip off.

Just because all 350Z come off the same production line, it does not mean they then have the same life afterwards.

Cars lives vary from caressed and loved to used and abused.

This is what doing an UpRev takes into account, whereas the Black Code just throws out a generic map.

It could be good for your car, it could be bad for your car, or if it's a fairly conservative map, then you wouldn't get the proper benefits of a remap.

Just my opinion.

Give it some good thought before you decide either way.

• Like 2