The funny things that happen to you in a zed

Will370z

So i was driving back from Guildford to Hereford this evening, it was a lovely warm evening, great sunset. I had the roof down, music on enjoying the drive, but i hit some traffic and everything ground to a halt.

Sat there chilling and staring at the sky i heard something in the background, looking in the mirror a young chap was hanging out of his van window waving at me.

Ummmm hello i said.

"Thats a lovely car, my sister has always wanted a 350z, would you mind if i video'd your car and you giving it some beans and took some pics, she would be so jealous". Was an odd request but there was a pub further on so i suggested we pull in there. Traffic was going nowhere anyway. I stopped near some people just in case but the chap looked normal.

We had a good long chat about zeds, cars, wales, scotland and did his video. We shook hands and hopefully he got some good ideas for his sister. I recommended they join up and come along to the grasshopper to check out the zeds. He said they would

We pulled away and i put the pedal to the floor and got a huge smile, wave and a flash in return.

People just love these cars.

Put a smile on my face too and we may get another member from it.

Dam i love my car lol

• Like 8

Haha, i knew you were a man of taste adrian.

Love the 370 but i do still miss the 350 on occasion, miss that lovely noise and the raw driving feedback you get. Its just nice that other road users love them too it seems.

Edited by Will370z

Haha, i knew you were a man of taste adrian.

Love the 370 but i do still miss the 350 on occasion, miss that lovely noise and the raw driving feedback you get. Its just nice that other road users love them too it seems.

From that I guess Castle Combe was a spur to remember.

Nice post Will - great to see petrol heads interested in tasteful cars. You wouldn't get them asking to video a Porsche now :lol:

So i was driving back from Guildford to Hereford this evening, it was a lovely warm evening, great sunset. I had the roof down, music on enjoying the drive, but i hit some traffic and everything ground to a halt.

Sat there chilling and staring at the sky i heard something in the background, looking in the mirror a young chap was hanging out of his van window waving at me.

Ummmm hello i said.

"Thats a lovely car, my sister has always wanted a 350z, would you mind if i video'd your car and you giving it some beans and took some pics, she would be so jealous". Was an odd request but there was a pub further on so i suggested we pull in there. Traffic was going nowhere anyway. I stopped near some people just in case but the chap looked normal.

We had a good long chat about zeds, cars, wales, scotland and did his video. We shook hands and hopefully he got some good ideas for his sister. I recommended they join up and come along to the grasshopper to check out the zeds. He said they would

We pulled away and i put the pedal to the floor and got a huge smile, wave and a flash in return.

People just love these cars.

Put a smile on my face too and we may get another member from it.

Dam i love my car lol

Had a similarly pleasing experience on Saturday while washing the car: chap from down the road who I've previously just nodded hello to spent a long time telling me how much he loved the look of the car and to let him know first if I ever decide to sell. Also told me he prefers it to the brand new Cayman one of our neighbours has just bought. Made my day :)

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The Zed does seem to garner attention of the positive kind. Only the other week me and Lydia were driving down the A14 towards the M1 when this chap in a convertible roared past us, then pulled into lane one and waved for us to drive past him. I instantly assumed he wanted to hear the Greddy exhaust so we pulled out and floored it past him. We pulled into lane one and he roared past us in lane two letting us hear his aftermarket exhaust on full chat. This reapeated for a number of miles until we got to the M1 interchange at the end of the A14. The chap in the convertible (he was wearing a dark green beanie) roared past us underneath the M1 - sounded great!

Hang on a second.........do we know the chap in the convertible? :teeth:

• Like 1

We were in France in June and pulled into one of the rest stops on the motorway, this French guy, business man in suit in a BMW, pulled up next to us and came over, it sounded better in a French accent but he said " you have beautiful car and a beautiful wife" made Jane's holiday.

• Like 1

Had one today really caught me by surprise, on my way back from Tesco see someone next to my car, phone out just wandering round taking pictures. It's difficult to walk up to the car without looking either really suspicious or really concerned...

Even with 4 years in a vx never had someone hanging around my car taking photos before, felt very weird.

Edited by GIBBONS

Parked the Zed in the paddock at Brands on the Lotus Festival weekend, more people took photos of the Zed than the racing cars around it. :thumbs: .

My mate Trev has a Boxster and we were at a wedding a few weeks ago and he asked one of the bridesmaid if she wanted a lift back to the

reception from the registry office, she looked at the Zed and said "I think I'll ask Will for a lift in his car"...!! Should have seen his face. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that ..partly ..is what its all about! Its good to let people see it and good that people recognise and like the car! coupla weeks ago had a kid out with his family actually shout at me to hear the engine lol. Also took it to my uncles last night where his friend and his son were up, showed him about the car and let him hear it...he absolutely loved it. I've even had a big spec Audi driver come past with a thumbs up recently haha

We get the Mormons here about once a month, looking for converts...!

Last time they came around I was outside cleaning the Zed, the guy came over and spent

15 mins asking me about it, as he had a 240Z many years ago, the woman was not happy

as I'm sure she knew I just converted him to Zeditis..!! :p :p

Driving back from Birmingham at the weekend (late, 2am ish) police were sat on a roundabout nothing better to do, I went past and they followed, blue lights on & pulled me over. 'we suspect this car is stolen do you have any proof if identification please?'

After I gave them my licence & they checked me out on their computers to realise I do own the car and I was who I said I was they were sound.

Had a quick laugh with them as they thought a young lad driving this sort of car early hours in the morning away from Brum was nicked - I can see why when I look back at it lol

Anyway, got a good few compliments off them about how it looks, wheels, road presence etc and let me on my way :)