Berk HFC advice

kinglozzer

Hi guys,

Thinking about getting some HFCs, to go on my otherwise stock exhaust system. Firstly, will Berk HFCs pass an MOT in the UK? I don't know any mechanics unfortunately :(.

Also, do you guys think this is a DIY job? I saw the autohow YouTube video on it and it looks straight-forward enough to me.

How do you think they'll sound on a stock exhaust? Of course plans are to do the whole system but first things first :).

Thanks

• Like 2

Yes they do pass the MOT

Fitting is bolts off cat out, direct replacement - although bolts can be very much sealed on so make sure you got room to get under and get leverage on them

Berks HFC will give you car a raspy sound, somewhat metallic, its alright for most although some dont like it.

As the guys have said, yes the will pass an MOT so you shouldn't worry too much about that. The BERKS HFCs are great, I had some fitted fairly recently. Initially they were a little raspy.

However, given a few months mine bedded in nicely and the exhaust now has a lovely consistent tone, which is subtle at low revs and then rich, deep and almost burbley as I apply a few revs. I do have a Stillen Y Pipe and a Miltek backbox (etc) rather than standard, which probably helps.

HFC's are easy to fit..... just have long extension bars as 1 nut on each side is accessed through the engine bay......( was on mine anyway) about 38" length should do you....

Sound again depends on what you got it attached to..... Loads of different options from guys on here.....

You do need to get them HOT before they'll pass the MOT - when cold they're not functioning at the level required for the emissions

First time mine failed the MOT I told the guy to go and give her a hard run for 20 minutes and she sailed through then - you need to emphasize that to your MOT station.

Edited by ianphampton

• 2 weeks later...