A pleasant day at Castle Coombe

glrnet

Just back -

got some birthday celebrations at the moment will check the video out later :thumbs:

Great day though and if Will mentions the errr alternative line I took through Quarry bend with the back end hanging out - I just want it known that I had it completely under control the whole time :scare::blush:

What a great day guys, possible one of the most enjoyable track days I've ever experienced, with excellent driving standards & not to busy, my last session me, Will & Andy pretty much had the circuit to ourselves, which was great as i managed to get away with some 3rd gear full lock drifting theough Quarries & the following chicane :teeth: I managed to use 1 1/2 tanks of fuel but it was definitely worth it,

Can't wait to see the pics & videos.

A big thanks to Ken, Graham & Ian for making the effort to come down & join us. Sorry we only had a short session out Ken, shame about the red flag & lack of remaining time

A truly brilliant day and thanks for the invite.

Yeah a fair treck and Ken still had a heft leg even after I peeled off at Birmingham.

The PAX rides were epic :clap:

There's no way Suzi will be doing what you guys do with yours....... I'd have fear that I'd lose body parts.

Great day out guys, loved it and great to see you all there.

And chris yes that was a unique line, i thought you were just trying to find a secret way around the circuit no one else knew about.

Interesting watching those videos in that order, looks like we made some ground and pulled away from darren in the bmw - nice one andy lol.

After 700miles of fun :drive1 including todays kent run the car was looking well used with plenty of dust & grime on the body & an ample amount of brake dust & tyre wear

004.jpg

007.jpg

Not forgetting the grave yard of bugs & their international eating habbits

005.jpg

After an hour it`s back to being a show car :)

011.jpg

012.jpg

Might have a look @ sorting the videos tomorrow

Wow even a wheel change.

Nice finish with clean mate, very B)

Wave me when the next Motorsport day occors. Might even get my own helmet.

Will, what size was the helmet I borrowed?

Que the Puns

Might even get my own helmet.

Will, what size was the helmet I borrowed?

Que the puns :lol:

I did actually think when typing this is going to promote some comments.

Darren I'm afraid I've been looking at beemers. 2002 330d. With a remap for pennies you're looking at 269bhp'ish and 350tq+

Strip and load the car with the necessary bits and you're away. The only thing is, a diesel isn't exactly cool bro. But winding up the turbo is oh so easy.