parking on double yellows

M13KYF

It is very annoying - Tracys Dad has a blue badge because he cant walk further than about 100 yards due to a knackered knee.

Really annoys me when you see people who are clearly using a friends or relatives card to get round any parking.

Having said that, we may be prejudging the 430 driver, he could be just like Tracys dad and have a bad leg that prevents them walking very far - not a practical car for someone with that sort of disability, but perhaps they always wanted one?

Thats asking for something stupid to be done.....

Such as some annoyed person taking offence to it and keying it or something ! Wouldn't surprise me in todays society!

Not that I condone it, but thats just taking the p*ss! :thumbdown:

too often I've seen supercars with disabled badges tbh... either

1- all rich people are disabled

2- all rich people manage to bend rules with the help of some cash to get hold of disabled badges

I think option 2 is much more believable :dry:

a while back I saw the same situation with a Murcielago in manchester :rant:

That really annoys me that. Saw 2 girls, both about 25, striding out of a BM the other week parked up on double yellows. There certainly wasn't anything disabled about either of them.

:rant:

Mentally disabled ;) That's what I think sometimes when I see where some of the jokers park :rant:

He may be disabled, we shouldnt just slate him because we think he is tricking the system.

My uncle drives a Jag XKR and is disabled, his back is so crooked it makes George Bush look straight and he gets this all the time.

I do agree that some people do this to just get a nice parking spot and they should be hung drawn and quartered, but some are genuine

There is a Zed parked in Basingstoke town centre with a disabled badge behind my missus Dads shop. We have never seen anyone get in it, but apparently its a young lad that drives it. I guess his mum/GF is disabled ;)

Is it only me who notices that apparently the more expensive the car, the more you can get away with? And i am not talking 'BMW 5 series' expensive here. When you see some kind of exotica parked on the road, 7/10 times it is parked somewhere it shouldn't be (e.g. pedestrian zone, shopping street ...).

I would love to see the look on their face if a tow-truck comes to pick up their beauty in a not-so-very-delicate way.

Should teach them a good lesson :rant:

Could be genuine, guy I used to work with had a prosthetic leg from the knee down. A women in a supermarket once called him a disgrace to have a disabled badge when there was nothing wrong with him, his reply was do you want hit over the head with my leg :lol:

if he was genuinely disabled, would he able to control a Ferrari safely?

I suppose that depends on the disability

You'd like to think the licence would be taken away if it does. eg. lack of sight etc. :blush:

Could be the passenger?

like H5 says it could be the passenger who is disabled.

In fact this reminds me of the clip from "me, myself and irene" where he trashes a car parked in a disabled spot and then out walks the owner from the shop pushing his gran in a wheelchair ! haha

apparently if you are caught using a disabled badge and are not, the law states quite clearly that the offenders will not have the badge taken away, they will just be maimed with a cricket bat so that the badge is properly represented.. I think thats what it said last time I checked :teeth:

apparently if you are caught using a disabled badge and are not, the law states quite clearly that the offenders will not have the badge taken away, they will just be maimed with a cricket bat so that the badge is properly represented.. I think thats what it said last time I checked :teeth:

Don't you think thats lettinig them off lightly?

Our justice system has gone to pot!!

Also, since when do disabled drivers get the right to park on double yellow lines?

Yeah I was thinking that, but didn't want to be the first to post it :blush:

I thought the disabled badge just allowed them to park in the specific disabled parking spots and not just randomly where they feel like it :wacko: