Holiday almost ruined!

HaydnH

About 450 miles in to France, driving along in the "fast lane" I suddenly see the roof of a car appear almost perpendicular to the ground on the carriageway heading in the other direction as it seriousiouly rear ends someone... My initial reaction was what the, followed by me slamming on my brakes and swerving towards the middle lane (after quickly checking it was clear) as a load of debris from the cars involved flies over the 3' high concrete central reservation right in front of me. :scare: then I had 2 cars flashing me afterwards so I thought I had part of my car falling off or something and pulled over to check, Nothing wrong! Don't even think they saw what happened and just thought I was mad for braking (a safe distance) in front of them... Either that or they were telling me to pull out and drive again...

Luckily there doesn't appear to be any damage apart from the front bumper came loose from the offside (near side over here?) wing, looks like it wasn't refitted properly after the last respray tbh as the holes look about the same size as the bolts and there's no washers. There was quite a loud noise underneath but everything looks fine, guess the gt spec bracing took another 1 for the team... Even more luckily I passed a garage shortly after and they had it up on the ramps and fixed in 10 minutes for €22... I don't think there are many garages back home that would do that for the price... Back on the road baby! :)

Sorry guys (and gals), no photos today, been a bit busy driving and getting hit by stuff. BTW, i never see roadsters in the UK, today i saw a 370 and a 350 roadster, guess they have the weather for it and both waved back. Now to see what the Neuchatel night life and food is like.

Haydn.

Haydn.

Possibly, doubt the holes would be as perfect though and would expect cracks in the fiber glass... And I'm not driving now! I'm sitting outside a bar in the hotel overlooking the marina and lake/sea and having a pint... Lovvvveeelllyy!

Sorry Ninja, missed your post. I thought of going back but the next exit was quite far and by the time I'd pulled over to check my car and got back to the other side of the motorway I would have stuck in traffic for ages, considering I didn't really see what happened and I'm not a doctor I didn't see what I could add to the situation apart from get my insurance involved. Having said that, I'm wondering if someone behind me was too close to the car in front and hit them now, I didn't see anything but maybe that could have been why the 2 cars flashed me? UGH happy holidays!

p.s: the Tornados Rossini was lovely! Sitting in a nice plaza atm having a beer.

Sorry Ninja, missed your post. I thought of going back but the next exit was quite far and by the time I'd pulled over to check my car and got back to the other side of the motorway I would have stuck in traffic for ages, considering I didn't really see what happened and I'm not a doctor I didn't see what I could add to the situation apart from get my insurance involved. Having said that, I'm wondering if someone behind me was too close to the car in front and hit them now, I didn't see anything but maybe that could have been why the 2 cars flashed me? UGH happy holidays!

p.s: the Tornados Rossini was lovely! Sitting in a nice plaza atm having a beer.

Yeah it would probably be a waste of time going back then. At least you and the car escaped anything serios. Now go and enjoy some pints! :)