Tax rebates......

OV53

I can beat that! Just sending one off now for £150k for a client.

Days like these I enjoy being an accountant.

Shame it's not mine :(

I work in expatriate tax, dealing mostly with high net worth individuals. When I see someone only 2 or 3 years older than me with a tax bill multiple times my wage I do get a little bit sad :lol:

i once got a tax rebate for 5 pounds and a few pence.... followed by a letter a few weeks later saying i owed £3 and pennies... which i paid... by cheque... a month or so later i got another refund of just under £2....

???

Me too but I guess it's down to us to work harder and smarter to bring in the extra fees.

Are you working within a firm?

Yeah, currently working for a company called Global Tax Network, it's great because every client is different and it doesn't get boring. Are you with a firm?

i once got a tax rebate for 5 pounds and a few pence.... followed by a letter a few weeks later saying i owed £3 and pennies... which i paid... by cheque... a month or so later i got another refund of just under £2....

???

Certainly sounds like our friends at HMRC to me.

Bunch of inbred illiterate knobshanks.

???

Certainly sounds like our friends at HMRC to me.

Bunch of inbred illiterate knobshanks.

The amount of times they mess up the most menial tasks is astounding!

Tax rebates are the balls! They are those unexpected brown envelopes of happiness that come around once in a while and then allow you to comlpletely bladder it on stuff you were holding out on because they were "too expensive"!

I don't necessarily think it's got owt to do with the size of wage packet, but moreso how long you've spent on the wrong/emergency tax code.

It obviously has to have some relevance to your earnings. If you earn £25k per year you aren't going to get a tax rebate of £70k are you??!!

I don't necessarily think it's got owt to do with the size of wage packet, but moreso how long you've spent on the wrong/emergency tax code.

It obviously has to have some relevance to your earnings. If you earn £25k per year you aren't going to get a tax rebate of £70k are you??!!

Yeah but if you come on here and say that your tax rebate is £75k then I would call bullshizit because if I was getting those types of tax rebates I certainly wouldn't be driving a 350z!