Finally got my Roadster

Thanks for all the comments and help from everyone over the last week or so when I was swithering between a Roadster and a Coupe. Special thanks to SteveM who posted what to look for in the roof and also kindly agreed to look at photo's I got the owner to take of the areas he mentioned :thumbs:

Finally took the plunge yesterday, flew down to Birmingham from Glasgow with my mate, met the lady owner and her friend, seen the car, went for test drive and within 300 yards knew I wanted it.

Absolutely fantastic driving with the roof down, although on the 4 hours drive back up the road the sunburn I've got on my head and down one side of my neck is unbelievable.....

Car had 4 brand new Avon tyres put on, which was the brand of tyre I had moved to on my old 350 as well and found them superb. But best part of all is that a full Cat back exhaust has been installed, not 100% what kind but it had massive cans at the end and the sound makes the hairs on the back of your neck rise, she said it was an HSK or something so I presume she really means an HKS??

Drive up the road was exquisite and within 5 minutes my mate was saying he needs to get himself a convertible.

Car is needing some TLC, got plans for it but won't be happening in the immediate term, wheels definitely need a refurb so will be hoping to get them powdercoated at same time. Body work has lots of tiny little scratches, or more like swirls, looks like someone has been trying to polish it with product too abrasive or something, but my plan is to get it wrapped anyway. I know the body kit I really want to get but may get it wrapped first as that may be a good while before the funds get back up to afford the kit again.

Anyway her is a quick pic I took last night after dropping my mate off.

photo1_zps4e7f421c.jpg

Edited by maxi-glasgow

Drove it into work this morning, leave the house at 6:30 but still put the roof down and heating on ;)

I travel down the A76 towards Dumfries as I work in Kirkconnel and the road when you leave New Cumnock right into Kirkconnel must be one of the best Zed roads in Scotland, plenty of twists and turns and at least three good straights for overtaking.

Caught up with a Megane which was fairly tramping on and when I went by it on a good strait I got to go thru 3rd, 4th and 5th to the most delightful growl, Megane had three or four people in obviously travelling into work as well and I'm sure they will have enjoyed the noise as well B)

Congrats dude.. I'm also in search of a nice roadster & presently researching on things to look out for... What's this about the roof mate??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Go into General forum and you will find thread of mines asking Coupe or Roadster, on 3rd or 4th page Stevem posts the usual part of a roadsters roof to look out for.

Congrats dude.. I'm also in search of a nice roadster & presently researching on things to look out for... What's this about the roof mate??

Go into General forum and you will find thread of mines asking Coupe or Roadster, on 3rd or 4th page Stevem posts the usual part of a roadsters roof to look out for.

Cheers bud.. Enjoy your new weapon of choice ;)))

Very nice, much like my old 313 roadster. I used to love the 500 mile weekly commute in that with the roof down. I remember after I fitted the K1 exhaust I drove through some tunnels near Birmingham and my god the noise was just out of this world, i nearly had to change my pants. Awesome.

Do you know if the roof has been treated at all? I used to re-treat mine with some autoglym stuff twice a year which cleaned it up, waterproofed it and re-sealed it. It didnt take long and it looked totally brand new afterwards.

I forgot to ask her if the roof had been treated I was just that eager to get going.

SteveM sent me details of the Autoglym stuff to get so I'll buy that this weekend and if not doing anything Sunday might get that done, but by the looks of the weather reports doesn't look like the roof will be making an appearance anytime soon :D

Had a lovely drive down to work, was running very late so didn't have time for the usual slow coaches, and it just sounds so so good when overtaking people on the country roads with that exhaust and roof down...

I've already had a blast or two thru the Clyde tunnel with roof down and know exactly what your saying. Totally different from blasting thru with just the windows down in the past :teeth:

Edited by maxi-glasgow
  • Like 1