[SOLD]HSD Monopro Coilovers

Azzer_R

Right here I have for sale a set of HSD Monopro coilovers. Brought these off Driftworks about 3-4 months ago for £775 and just removed them from my zed as I'm returning it to stock for sale.

They have done atmost around 5k worth of miles and are a cracking bit if kit. They have 16 stage damping adjustment and as you can see the rears are a true coilover, unlike most setups which retain the damper and inboard spring (hence the higher price).

I have a friend who has just brought a set and not knowing a great deal about setting them he has given me his brand new rears in exchange for mine which were preloaded and set to a height he liked. So the sale is for some near brand new fronts and some brand new rears!

I'm asking for £550 delivered, any questions feel free to ask. I'm located in Fareham Hampshire.

81E5168A-7FCE-4AF9-B24E-68CA314355D4-8460-0000078109E0A580_zpseb5bcfeb.jpg

1874D524-0909-437B-8ADA-861CDD86844D-8460-0000078149F3D19D_zps5c60ca7f.jpg

766A356F-07BB-4475-8CE3-E0D322DC7033-8460-000007816F451E9C_zpsab5154c6.jpg

654F541E-4ECA-4643-BB7C-7AE7A1F7B13B-8460-00000781765941B1_zpse48e1977.jpg

9ED9CD7B-1179-4488-9A0C-3DA4624F0F09-8460-000007817F319F94_zpsd1d1a38e.jpg

PM replied too :) no the strut tower doesn't require any strengthening they are just bolt on.

Just to clarify they are for 350z and do not have adjustable camber top mounts.

I know sideways I'm far to lazy when it comes to posting things for sale as you found with the seat rails! Ha

• Like 1

Handling wise they are awesome, car feels so much more planted and feels like its on rails especially in the corners.

Depending how much you preload and how you set the damping adjustment you can have them stiff or relatively soft.

PM replied too :) no the strut tower doesn't require any strengthening they are just bolt on.

Personally I'd seek professional advice on this, I decided to go non-true coilovers on the rear for this reason.

I believe so yes, abbey motorsport are one of them and mark has said to me before I bought my hsds that the Z strut towers arent designed to take the full force of a spring and damper so advised against it, I ended up buying the dual tech kit which is just as good if not better for road use

Im not going against mark as I know he knows his stuff but thats one professionals opinion, I spoke to multiple people at Driftworks and HSD about the options and they are run on many competition cars as a bolt on deal and therefore endorsed by these companies.

As far as I have seen that's quite a lot of professionals saying otherwise and alot of companies endorsing them.

If you were running them on a super stiff setup, solid mounts, bushes etc. preloaded a hell of a lot and were drifting and driving real hard on them I could understand strengthening but I doubt a damper would survive that anyway.

I have 3 friends using these all with nothing but good things to say as have I having had no troubles what so ever while they were on the car.

These have 16 stage dampening not 14 like the dualtechs and being a true coilover have control of preload and better height adjustment, which I judge as being the main important factors in a coilovers use on the road.

The dualtech are also preloaded adjustable aswell as having the same ride height adjustment all thats different is the top mounts and layout of the rear setup and of course the dampers, having 2 more clicks on the damping settings wont do alot but its a fraction better tuning

Mate of mine has the monopro on his yes they are good but for me it wasnt worth the risk of the turrets for me and the ride is more compliant on the dualtechs ive found

still hsd are probably the best coilovers to go for on a z imo superb units in both guises

These are a good bit of kit! Fitted them on mine and have never looked back :)

Drift work run these on their drift cars for a reason and Phil Morrison (drift works company director) had these on his own zed back in the day

• Like 1

I've had my HSDs for over a year and nearly 7000 road miles and have been very pleased with them, it would be interesting to know if there's damage I don't know about though. There are obviously a few people about in the same situation, I'm not a mechanic and had mine professionally fitted but if there was a way we could all check then that would put this issue to bed. Is there a way to look at the strut towers from above to see if any damage is being caused or would you have to take the coilover out and look from below?

Yeah I was just thinking great everyone with coilovers and no interest in buying them has now came and shat all over the thread with information that isn't actually proven.

Thanks guys! Think ill stick them on eBay :/

In all fareness I have the same coil overs fitted for the last year and a half with no problems, I took my coil overs off to underseal the car back in December and no cracks dents nothing so I would say they are safe to use. Plus I'm pretty sure hsd wouldn't produce parts which could damage the car. Good luck with the sale.