Number plates

Fluke

My zed goes in tomorrow to have a front end respray to deal with all the stone chips and before I take it in I was wondering if it was worth doing anything with the number plate. It's currently attached to a plinth on the standard bumper.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Leave it standard or take it off and fill the holes, and mount it elsewhere?

Looks like I'll have to keep the plinth. :blush:

null-110.jpg

Just get a plate that attaches with adhesive strips. Mine is smaller on the ends, basically no white either side of the letters and the police have never had an issue as nothing has changed, but it's always a risk. I have a thread on here somewhere with pics of my recent update

I had mine filled and sprayed, looked MILES better - also ended up putting a vinyl reflective plate on which looked brilliant (although I believe the legals on vinyl plates is a bit grey, if they pull you for it you will get told to switch it)

Looks like I'll have to keep the plinth. :blush:

null-110.jpg

I had same holes on my bumper...put vinyl stick on plate over it - and can't see it! I thought it would be noticeable where the holes are, but you got to really look for it to spot it :)

I have seen the plinth colour coded on other cars and it actually looks pretty good. If they're painting other panels it won't cost much to have it painted then you won't worry about filling or covering the holes

• Like 1

I have seen the plinth colour coded on other cars and it actually looks pretty good. If they're painting other panels it won't cost much to have it painted then you won't worry about filling or covering the holes

I like this idea. B)