Newbie saying hello

PS13Silvia

Hello everyone!

Best introduce myself, I've put down a deposit on a 370Z (GT Pack, not the GT Edition) this morning.

Somewhat risky purchase, I've been scanning used 370z's for a couple months as I really like them and this one really stood out, age, spec, milage, colour, price, condition, everything. But there's one problem, I've yet to actually drive one - all 3 Nissan dealers close-ish to me have none in stock. Plus the car is just over 200 miles away.

I've arranged a test drive of a 2012 GT pack on Saturday just 20 miles up the road from me to see how I get on with it. I can't imagine I'll disapprove to be honest, already read & watched pretty much all the reviews on the web & think it ticks the boxes.

Bits of concern at the moment are:

- Exhaust noise, most people agree it's too 'boring' - however I'm buying this to be be sensible & steer away from my current car habits (old jap crap, all turbo, modified & loud) So maybe the quietness will be appreciated.

- Cabin space, seems that all people reviewing this car over 6 foot say it's a bit cramped, I'm 6.3, admittedly, a large build too - I'm a bit fat put more bluntly.

- Rear viability seems non-existent, just curious as to how big & where the blind spot is really.

- Road noise, however I doubt it'll be worse than my current cars (S14a daily driver & Evo 3 track car)

The car is a 59 plate with 19,000 miles. I've been reading a lot of the threads on here about peoples opinions & comparisons etc which have been very useful, just in case I've missed anything is there any big differences / things to watch out for on early models such as this?

It's not had the steering recall work done yet (should this worry me?) But I've requested this be done before collecting which has been agreed.

Also, I've been told there's a few stone chips on the bumper (I asked for photo's but I can't actually see them) And also on the rear sills, at the very back jut before the wheels, is this normal too? Is it just the style of the bodywork with the wide / flared rear arches that causes that?

If there's anything I should try out / test on my test drive or when collecting the car please fire away by all means.

So yeah, all being well I'll pick it up early next week, bif any of you are going to ask "will you mod it?" - I'm hoping not, I've owned a lot of modified cars in the past and want to avoid it - this is going to be daily after all, I have a Evo 3 track car in the garage as well :-)

To be honest, the only things I can see myself doing at the most is 25mm spacers, at a push springs, and at a very very high push exhaust - just the back section at that though.

Edited by PS13Silvia

Thanks for all the welcome guys! Test drive was fantastic, such a fun car to drive, instantly arranged collection on Thursday next week.

It will need an exhaust though, stock is way too boring, I'm thinking a Invidia Gemini as it sounds more 'mature'

And a set of 25mm spacers all round are for sure as well, get those done and call it a day I think. Enjoy it.

This is the one I'll be picking up on Thursday;

http://www.ashtons.uk.com.mobi.starkwood.co.uk/Stock/Details/2811351

David

Cheers all :-)

Really getting excited about Thursday now, got a 210 mile drive back which is going to be interesting!

I really think the 370Z is a great base, doesn't actually need much doing to it at all, exhaust so it sounds nicer & spacers so it sits better are all that's really need imo, it's a fantastic package all round.

Can't go spending too much, this is my pride & joy and stupidly expensive second car which is where I need to focus my time & money, the 370 is a treat to myself for getting a new (better paid - obviously) job:

389424_2650968683859_1876077536_n.jpg

A lot has changed since that photo was taken, and I mean a lot.

I know there's a high risk of being shot down in flames for this, but can the 370Z tow a trailer? I know it's a 'sports car' and everything but it's got all the right bits for it, and how awesome would it be rolling down the motorway heading to track day with a Evo 3 on the back of a 370, at the age of 23 I might add :p

Anyway, flame suit on!

David.