Just wondering about running costs

Damon370z

Hi guys,

just doing some homework about 370z's.

I love these cars to bits, and really really want one, so I was wondering if someone could tell me about the cost of running them?

I do roughly 200 miles a week, if I do buy one, it'll be my daily car.

any information will be appreciated, thanks :)

also if i've put this thread in the wrong place, I do apologise!

Edited by Damon370z

I use mine as a non daily and to be honest, I'm pretty impressed with the MPG 26.5 thus far.

I've just come back from Germany too, where I kept my foot in a lot, but that was balanced out on the long motorway cruises.

In other aspects, insurance for me £399, which is cheap, but TAX for the year is £475, so that balances out also.

In my eyes if you can get a years road TAX and insurance for under a £1000 it's a good package.

well, insurance is quite steep for me, but im willing to pay it, my cheapest quote so far is 1400 quid, should clarify I'm 22 years old

the tax... meh, not bothered about that.

was just curious on the fuel, as I've had no car even similar to a 370z (engine size I mean)

currently have a 2011 Fiesta, bought it brand new with 26 miles on the clock, I now have 23.5k miles, so I do drive quite alot.

For fuel costs it depends entirely how you drive, but expect around 25mpg for normal use, or up to 30 on a ling run.

I'm usually a cruiser, definately will be in a 370z, as you have to try very little to get up to speed, but I won't lie, I will put my foot down at times.

Well originally I was gonna get it as a weekend/ sunny day car, but my patience is running out and I'm starting to want to trade my fiesta in and get one haha

I'm trying not to, but I love Z's too much haha

Edited by Damon370z

I run the 350z as daily driver, fuel will bother you no matter what car. 200 a week isnt too bad and shouldnt put you off , if fuelling up bothers your wallet you may need to take into consideration the yearly costs like tax, tyres, service which are the big hitters

well, insurance is quite steep for me, but im willing to pay it, my cheapest quote so far is 1400 quid, should clarify I'm 22 years old

the tax... meh, not bothered about that.

was just curious on the fuel, as I've had no car even similar to a 370z (engine size I mean)

currently have a 2011 Fiesta, bought it brand new with 26 miles on the clock, I now have 23.5k miles, so I do drive quite alot.

That's not a lot :p

I did 1400 in mine last week and have done about 14,000 since I got her in Nov. I have a 350, admittedly, but I've averaged 29mpg over that time

Sensible question to ask, the initial cost of the car isnt the problem its running, fueling and maintaining the car thats the costly business.

If you ever need parts ask the traders here. Nissan wanted £65 for a wiper blade...lol. Like im going to pay that.

I use mine as a daily drive, 20 miles per day, i normally end up filling up every other weekend and its £100+ for a tank. If im out having fun in the car the tank can disappear very quickly, ask anyone who went to wales :)

As someone mentioned decent tyres will set you back £1k+. Insurance for you will be costly and the big service costs can be expensive. Nissan wanted over £400 for a p2 service but i argued it down to the £219 they quoted me on the phone. That was with no issues just filters changed. You can get that cheaper if you want to go non nissan.

Summing up its not cheap to run one but it puts a hell of a smile on your face.

• Like 1