Insurance scam.

Marcus01

I have recently had my insurance company contact me regarding a so called incident in a car park. The other party claims I doored his east European pile of junk. Insurance company's are finding this sort of claim difficult to prove one way or the other. Paying out £500 to our east European fraudster and leaving the honest brit with a claim fault. The assesor came out today took pictures of my mint z. I gave him the dates and places where I have taken the car. Backed up with my business diarys showing my movements around the time of the alleged incident. I now wait to see if the evidence I have provided is good enough for the insurance to deny the claim. The best evidence is keeping a diary for every day apparently. I am only posting to warn others about our European @*!# houses scamming you and increasing you insurance bill with an almost impossible way of proving your innocence.

Well at least they didn't try and scam me, they just nicked my SL55 Merc and put it an a container and shipped it to

Romania, re-stamped it and sold it on to a dealer there...never got the true value of the car...!!

Nothing more I'm prepared to say on an open forum...but **..~###

Well at least they didn't try and scam me, they just nicked my SL55 Merc and put it an a container and shipped it to

Romania, re-stamped it and sold it on to a dealer there...never got the true value of the car...!!

pics or it didnt happen.

pics or it didnt happen.

If you want pics ask the old bill who would not follow the tracker signal as it was on a ship...!!!

And we're staying in the euro because????

It's ok the PM says we're getting a referendum if we elect him again, even if I believed that which I don't, they wouldn't take us out of the euro if the people wanted to leave

Being in Europe or the fact it happened to be Europeans doesn't really have much of a bearing on this. Truth is there's been plenty of Brits stealing to order for years, and the scam that Tophooker has found himself a sad victim to could be perpetrated by anyone, from anywhere. :(

Scum is scum, regardless of nationality.

To be fair, as the Romanian economy climbs....more and more nicked cars are getting shipped there. This isn't IMO, its true.I work with Romanians....and its very easy and cheap to get knocked off cars. At least we drive on the right side....which does stop most things heading that way. Germany has it worse. Seems this is the best place for our Eastern cousins to "borrow" cars from.

OP - unless the guy has photos, cant see him proving it. Esp with no damage to your car.

Up our way (north of border), the big problems is uninsured overseas cars. They come across for work and drag there old bangers with them (normally passats for some reason!!!). Leave them on the foreign plates....and dont insure them. They have a collision - your insurance takes a hit. I reckon the local plod is all to aware of situation, but the paperwork involved is not worth the hassle of pulling them over.

My sister had a collision with a Polish turd (sorry to all the nice Polish out there), but this guy was a turd of the highest order. Looked like he had forsaken food for steriods. Anyway, didn't want police involved, wanted to pay for damage himself, in cash, in a dark carpark!!!! My daft brother in law agreed. He did get his money, but when I explained that he was just fueling the situation, his answer was at least he got the money.

You cant win.

Edited by aidan

Got my Merc (yes' the one they stole) reversed into by a Polish driver in a new Range Rover, shoved the tow bar through the front of my car.

He then asked me to follow him around to his house as all the paperwork was there, which I did, he went to talk to another Pole who came out. He said he would

pay for my damage as the guy who reversed into me worked for him, obviously he was not insured to drive the Range Rover.

Cost him £1,400 paid in cash. :scare:

It appears you can make a claim and if you cant prove it didn't happen the insurance company will payout upto £500 and penalise the driver at renewal time. It costs more money to investigate. Just so you know I am insured with Admiral just like many others in the forum. The independant loss adjuster who came out said he is now getting upto 10 such claims per week and its near impossible to validate whether it happened or not. I will not be letting this go.

It appears you can make a claim and if you cant prove it didn't happen the insurance company will payout upto £500 and penalise the driver at renewal time. It costs more money to investigate. Just so you know I am insured with Admiral just like many others in the forum. The independant loss adjuster who came out said he is now getting upto 10 such claims per week and its near impossible to validate whether it happened or not. I will not be letting this go.

I'm also with Admiral..!!!