Sky TV Advice??

stuarty

I currently have virgin media tv, phone, broadband.

A friend gave me a sky family and friends discount code, to change my services to sky.

After looking into it i decided to keep my broadband and phone with virgin as i currently get 60mb broadband and best sky could offer was between 2mb and 17mb as i cant get the fibre optic infinity in my area yet.

Anyway ive been offered sky entertainment extra + with all sky movies and all sky sports for £35 per month with free installation. Firstly is this a good price?

Also i currently have an extra virgin box in my son's bedroom and i thought i would need multiroom with sky at £10.50 per month but the sales advisor said i didnt need it as my son could get all the tv services via sky go, as his tv is connected to his desktop computer. When i called virgin to cancel my tv package they said sky go did not have this option and it was very limited. Anyone know any better?

I would call sky to confrm but all there phone lines are losed until monday for upgrade work and my install is booked for monday!

Thanks, Stu.

Edited by stuarty

Sky Go does not give you all the channels, so both Sky and Virgin are correct in a way.

Price is fine. Don't forget the HD pack which is another tenner a month. I currently pay £80pcm I think for two HD boxes and all channels.

Sky Go does not give you all the channels, so both Sky and Virgin are correct in a way.

Price is fine. Don't forget the HD pack which is another tenner a month. I currently pay £80pcm I think for two HD boxes and all channels.

Thanks mate, so i'll need to add the multiroom at £10.50. They said i'll get a free 1st box with multiroom. Also the HD is included in the price as it comes as part of the entertainment extra + package.

So i should be around £45 a month for every channel including sky movies and sky sports. Sound a good deal i think. But it will go up after 12 months to around £75 they said.

Sky Go will give you the movie and sports channels and a few others, which is ok for "free"

Price seems good as mentioned. I'm paying over £100 but thats for 2 HD boxes and phone and fibre BB too.

Depending on your reasons for moving to sky dont forget virgin will usually bend over backwards to keep you. I get 3 letters a week through the post from them currently begging me to move back to them as im currently with Sky. In the past Virgin have given me the full package for half price for 12 months, plus free internet. Sky does the same if you threaten to leave. So it might be worth your while staying with Virgin if they offer a good enough deal.

The best deal virgin can give me is around £100 for tv, phone and broadband including sky sports and movies. If i split them up i can get the tv for £45 and the bb and phone for £22. So saving around £33 a month!

Whatever you do, when you call sky, tell them virgin have offered you a ridiculous deal to stay and see if they'll do anything more for you. Even if they say no, nothing lost.

I'm paying £80 a month for a couple of HD boxes and the full package. It's only really worth it for a decent sky premiere every now and then, the footie and sky Atlantic - but I'd never leave!

• Like 1