Accelera PHI

LiamR

Yeah the few bad reviews there are, are really bad.....

So I'm guessing the general opinion is dont go less in price/quality than falkens then?

I would say so, the Falkens are pretty cheap for the massive size the Z needs. What size you looking for?

I know you always 'get what you pay for', but there are very mixed reviews on these on the link Ad provided.

For example, there's a gent with a 330d M sport BMW (RWD, large engined, torquey car anyone?) that was expecting bad things, but would now recommend them.

I think you could find bad reviews for ANY tyre if you looked. I guess it'll also depend on your driving style, budget and what you use your car for. If I drove everywhere 'giving it the beans' with the occasional track day etc, I would probably rule out the Accellera.

But, I use my car daily, not on a race track and drive to the conditions. When the time comes, I will consider the Accelera, so if you do get some, I'd be interested to see your feedback.

Just my thoughts.

I know you always 'get what you pay for', but there are very mixed reviews on these on the link Ad provided.

For example, there's a gent with a 330d M sport BMW (RWD, large engined, torquey car anyone?) that was expecting bad things, but would now recommend them.

I think you could find bad reviews for ANY tyre if you looked. I guess it'll also depend on your driving style, budget and what you use your car for. If I drove everywhere 'giving it the beans' with the occasional track day etc, I would probably rule out the Accellera.

But, I use my car daily, not on a race track and drive to the conditions. When the time comes, I will consider the Accelera, so if you do get some, I'd be interested to see your feedback.

Just my thoughts.

Who invited this guy ^^^^^^^^ :teeth:

running 275 30 20 on rear and 245 35 20 on front, they all need replacing and after some other work I have to get done my budget isnt exactly great, hence the post after finding such cheap tyres!!! end of the day I only do 5k max a year and only on the roads and always drive to the conditions

I get what you guys ste saying and I am sure if you drive sensibly and 'to the conditions' then budget tyres would be great. By budget I mean Falkens though, it's not just about how you drive, if someone else swerves in front of you and you loose grip trying to avoid them even at 30-40mph then is £80 a corner really a bargain :shrug:

That is exactly why I'm asking on here and not just going off the reviews ive read elsewhere, unless people on here were actually going to consistently say these were ok I'm not prepared to take the risk, I enjoy driving my zed and being constantly paranoid because of some cheap tyres would just take all fun away. thanks for all your advice guys, think I'll be going with some falkens or simiar :-)

That is exactly why I'm asking on here and not just going off the reviews ive read elsewhere, unless people on here were actually going to consistently say these were ok I'm not prepared to take the risk, I enjoy driving my zed and being constantly paranoid because of some cheap tyres would just take all fun away. thanks for all your advice guys, think I'll be going with some falkens or simiar :-)

:thumbs:

Have you considered part worns :shrug:

Funny enough that was gonna be my next question! Yes I have considered them, quite a few pairs at good prices on ebay right now, I'm just unsure on which ones/brands to look at- theres a pair of falkens that will fit the rears for 90 quid!

only have to get fronts done asap as theres is a tear in one of the inside walls, rears are worn on insides and ive been advised to get em done- although they are still legal. The other front is good though so might just replace the torn one and get backs done next month, I just really dont wanna mix tyres. Bit of a predicament cos I only have a couple of hundred left from my monthly budget...

:thumbs:

Have you considered part worns :shrug:

I am with this man!

Two pretty much brand new continental rears here for £260 delivered.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-275-30-20-continental-sport-contact-2-tyres-8mm-tread-/261219470102?pt=UK_Cars_Tyres_RL&hash=item3cd1e4cb16

P-Zero Rears- £245 delivered

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275-30-20-Y-XL-Pirelli-Pzero-x2-Free-fitting-DE55-7RG-01773-833611-/310668497346?pt=UK_Cars_Tyres_RL&fits=Tyre+Width%3A275%7CAspect+Ratio%3A30%7CDiameter%3A20&hash=item48554911c2

I would recommend trying to get some kumho ku31 ecsta spt if you can. I bought these for road use and have put them through there paces on track. Wet grip is pretty good, dry grip is excellent.

I done alot of research on them and the m3 guys loved them so thought i'd give them a bash. Coming from michelin pilot spt 2's I'd say on a budget they are excellent at under 600 quid a set for 19".

I have done a few thousand on them and they are wearing fantastic and thats plenty of highland back roads.

I would avoid really cheap crap, its not worth it.

I use R888's on track and those are amazing tyres! If I could get my size in 19" then I would put them on it as the extra premium is definitely worth it! I would definitely put the Kumho's in front of falken fk452's and 453's by a country mile!

• Like 1

I've seen the Kumho's advertised too, but never read a review on them (especially from a zed owner).

That's great Neil, I know I'm not the OP, but thanks for that. :thumbs: